Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pass Thru shot or not?

Bowhunt

Last year I had complete pass thru's on all of the deer that I shot with bow, shotgun, and muzzleloader. In my opinion I want to find blood from 2 holes instead of just one. I also like to go all the way through an animal and feel I have the right combination with my weapons to do so consistently. I have heard people say they want a arrow, or bullet to put all the KE in the animal. I wonder what does everyone else feel about this subject. Pass thru or stay in the animal?

Don't really care with my muzzleloader, but definetely looking for a pass through with the bow.

On a related note, the last couple of years I've shot vanes instead of feathers and noticed that I've failed to get pass throughs a couple of times. In both cases, it seemed like the vanes caused more resistance and caught up going through the animal. For this and several other reasons, I'm back to feathers this year. Good luck!

NWBuck

Definitely a pass thru, so I can pick my arrow up, throw it back in the quiver and use it again
smile.gif

Pass thru. That is the first point to start tracking. Without that beginning point you could walk around disturbing any blood trail that started.

Top Bottom