Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

PCSA 3D shoot 7/31 & 8/1

Rudd

Life Member
Hopefully this fantastic weather keeps on coming. This is a 40 target course with a very minimal amount of small targets. We are adding a Bowhunter class (finally) so those of you that have attended before have the option to shoot Unlimited or Bowhunter classes. The course has been totally revamped and after the 1st shoot we had the comments of appreciating the easier to walk course, great backstops. This shoot scores 12 rings. If you are looking for a fun course for the whole family come on out and fling some with us. There is about 8+ Iowawhitetailers shooting on Sunday morning. We are located just West of Montezuma and South of Lake Ponderosa Marina.
426MAP.gif

Ghost and I are coming over to shoot this one...sounds like a good course. I am sure with this being a "family" shoot we will have to bring about a dozen or more kids camoed in 12 oz aluminum cans............Frosty....suds.....busch....brewsky.....etc.etc.etc
grin.gif

I know nothing.....
evil.gif
We serve food, pop and water....alcohol is not allowed on grounds, the property is owned by the County. I am sure VMan will keep you entertained enough.
laugh.gif

this weekend eh? i may run over on sunday AM. just a pre warning so you can all hide before i get there.

if it's a problem i can stay at home, don't want to cause a ruckus.
wink.gif
just thought i'd give y'all ample warning before the corsica rolls in.

Looking forward to the shoot and seeing you Iowawhitetailers.
grin.gif

Rudd.....don't forget the "stuffed duck" target for the Mudster.

Mudster.....appreciate the head's up. I WAS just going to bring field points.

What??????? No 100 yard shots over a pond Rudd? Guess I can leave the waders at home then.
smirk.gif

CRITR

CRITR - i think that yardage, well last year, was around 98 yards.
wink.gif

Ghost - the stuffed duck is in my garage, i can bring it if you'd like to reaquaint yourself with it.
wink.gif

I had a buddy tell me this was a fun shoot, especially with some L-O-N-G shots. I've been backing up out of the yard into the bean field this week taking shots! Can't wait to go shoot.

This was a real fun shoot...even with the gully washer that soaked us about 3/4 of the way through.
There were some really, really long shots though. Nothing I would ever take in a hunting situation, but fun to try on foam.

excellent shoot even though i lost my steam on the 2nd half. i definately recommend this shoot, i'll be back for the next on.

muddy gives the PCSA shoot 2 thumbs up.
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

Aside from the monsoon and the likely chance of being struck with lightning, it was definately a great shoot. I did however have to receive a blood transfusion when I got home....damn skeeters!!
Note to self......never give Shredder the opportunity to spray me down with bug spray!
grin.gif

CRITR

Note to self, never let Critrgitr spray down my face with bug spray again...damn near killed me with the dose.

Had a great shoot at this one. Monsoon like weather and like Critr said, lightning was a scare but overall, it was a quality course.....great job Rudd on couse setup

I went to this shoot with a group of us from church on Saturday. It was a great time, but this fat boy ran out of steam on the 2nd half too. LOL As far as the back stops were concerned, I was not amused at all. I missed 2 shots, that went through that belting and had to cut both arrows out, ruining one of them. At $7.00 a piece, I was not happy. This was the first shoot that I went to that had this type of back stops and I heard a lot of complaints about it. Just FYI, I guess. It would also have been nice to have better places to hang the bows when pulling arrows. Those 2x4's are rough on a bow. Other than that, we had a good time. Are scores going to be posted somewhere? It would be nice to see where I ended up. It would also be nice to get a group of us together and meet at one of these shoots and put a face to the names. I met LX yesterday, when he picked up the bow and it was nice talking to him.

The backstops were not added for your amusement. We received numerous comments on the backstops all positive. Were you shooting aluminum? Any carbon I have seen that hit the belting was fine. As far as the lack of bowholders...... a club is always a work in progress. If you partake in club work....lack of contributing help is always a problem. The Bowhunter class was a huge success. Thanks to all who attended.....at least I did not end up with a mud streak running down my shorts like our fearless leader. Nice meeting some new and not so new faces again. Scores will be found on the banner ad here on the site. It may take a few days to post.....20 hours at the club this weekend makes for a long recoop time.

GREAT SHOOT Rudd,loved the bowhunter class.
Some folks need to lighten up,no matter how large a group you have only a few hard working folks help out and you can only do so much. I'm sure PCSA
is always looking for people with positive ideas and strong backs.Super job PCSA
grin.gif

Top Bottom