Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Peep Sights

BowHunter84

The situation it this. I got my mathews legacy, which has the zebra strings which are not supposed to turn, well if you ask me, it turns just as much as the other ones. I need to find a peep sight that does not require the alignment tubing. anyone have any good setups? or suggestions?

Ever Zebra string I ever had twisted, the only cure I know is a tube (I hate 'em) or buy a Winner's Choice.

I have shot the Zebras for quite a few years. I swear buy them. I think what you need to do (if I understand you correctly) get a nock alighner or speed nock. If your peep is not coming all the way around you just adjust the nock aligner. With a zebra you should never have to shoot a tube. Another thing you may need to do is add a half a twist to the string. I know it gets frustrating....another one is shoot the crap out of it and leave the arrow nocked and hang the bow (somewhere where nobody can mess with it) They seem to move a little until the 200-300 shots than they stay put. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck

Has anyone tried Winner's Choice bowstings that would be able to tell me if they work for sure or not?
Are they worth the 38.00? Will the solve my rotating peep?

I would try a string loop nock first...All mathews come with a zerbra twist string and they do work with the proper setup and alinement from the start..
If,,when you shoot the bow and the peep site is out a line,,,Have the bow shop where you bought it put it in the press and twist the string.. alittle..THEY WORK!!! But need some help at first to aline it...If your new winners choice string is off to start,,it will do the SAME THING...Take it to the pro shop and till then "The Hood" said twist IT!!and get it right,,what the hack,,you spend $700 bucks,, Get the service with it,,,Too...

Looks like it's just the string, but it's still a good price. I can't imagine the buss cables are much more if at all. I usually order mine directly from Winner's Choice and pay about $85 for the whole shebang.

Check out the Winner's Choice website to compare Winner's Choice Strings

I believe the 38.00 price is for a two cam bow, may be wrong,,then you add the shop mark up for installing the and I think to change out a one cam it come to around $100.00..
But!!!I'm telling you, and listen,,You just have to have the string rotated and the zebra string is GOOD..check my profile, I know bows and how to set them up,,I do it all the time for many people, I owned a bow shop and i work in one now as a staff shooter..Rotate the string and it will work everytime....take it from the Hood and save some money...the winners chioce string ain't no better if it ain't rotated right to begain with....

That's what I was trying to tell 'em with a half twist in the string. The nock alighner used with a string loop works great. The adjustment to the the nock aligner is to "fine tune" so the peep is exactly where you want it. Every bow I purchase the first thing I do is put a Zebra on it.......they take time just like all the others. Right now I am shooting a Winner's choice string. It came on the bow I purchased. I will say they are a lot better than I thought. I am waiting on the Zebra to come in though. It's all a preference thing. Use what you feel works best for your application.

I hate peeps in general so I went to a hind site and love it

The Hood,
What do you mean by rotate the strings, i know i can just go to a shop and tell them to rotate the strings, but i would like to have some kind of idea as to how to do it and what they are going to do before they work on the bow. Thanks a lot.

Rotating the string is twisting it, but to do that they need to but it in the bow press and take one end off and twist it a 1/2 a turn (for say)I dont know where your peep is sitting,,but try a 1/2 first and shoot it 10 or 15 times(and dont help the peep turn, just shoot it and see where it stops) then have the PRO SHOP set it again if it needs it... They work, but need setup like the rest of the bow..
A pro shop should do this for you free if you buy the bow from them..
Good luck and I hope you get the service you paid for....

smokin.gif
The Hood
smokin.gif

I also know what I'm talking about. Even if you twist Zebra's and get your peep aligned it'll stretch and a month later you are out of alignment. Zebra strings are OK but can't beat 450+ or Winner's Choice. ZERO STRETCH out of the box.

hey, im not getting in to a head butting session here but Winners chioce creep and never stop...Fact,,They all do and that a fact too, all im saying is there's no need to replace a new string,, your not gaining anything..maybe next year when you need a new,, then look at whats out there..

Here's what I read today,,it's a paste

As far as wccb strings there OK but I have had 6 different sets (for a pro38,SD. 8125 stock string) creep and not stop, I have very little confidience in a product that advertises no stretch and thats all they have done, had another company String Logic make a set out of ultracam and guess what they didn't stretch had a set made of 452 no stretch there neither. I have nothing agains wccb but they must be not telling the truth, they should be up front and say some of the strings will always creep becuase of material.(bcy will even tell you that) This is just the facts that have happen to me and some of my friends...

Now believe nothing that you read and half of what you see
wink.gif

all im saying is keep the string you got and have the pro shop set it up right for you
smokin.gif
The Hood
smokin.gif

So your saying that it is normal to have to rotate this strings as the stretch? with they reach a point that they dont stretch anymore?

I had a zabra twist on a bow a whole summer and never touch it.....Rain, heat,and shots all over the USA,,I try not to touch a good setup and just shoot it..3rd at IFAA Worlds in 2000 in driving rain for three days and heat for two,,and all I did was shoot some days more then 120arrow for score......they work and work good...
Oh and tied the state record indoors with the some setup and no peep rotation 5 months later and i have the some string in that bow today and never have turned the string....

so to answer your question,,yes it will stop after a good shower and some heat..that baby will never move....

I had a Zebra sting go to turning on me and it would not stop. Come to find out it had a broken strand in it and I had to replace it. That took care of the problem.

I've put Winner's Choice strings and buss cables on my last two bows and they have not twisted or stretched at all. I personally would avoid adding excess string bolt ons like those peep aligner nocks as they chew up your string, come loose, and slow down your arrow speeds. One more thing that can go wrong in the woods, just like rubber hose peeps.

P.S. If you can get Winner's Choice strings and cables for $38, let me know where you are getting them because generally they are twice that price. Good luck.

DM

Hello,

Just use a Shurz-A-Peep. They are all I've used on my compounds for the last decade. They work fantastic for me and I never have to worry about string twist and turned peeps I can't see through. In fact, I'd totally forgotten about string twist until you mentioned it!

Good Hunting...Raven

Top Bottom