Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

PERFECT LIME & FERTILIZER!!! Not practical small scale.

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Small scale - no go.
Bigger (say 40+ acres) this is by far, the best lime & fertilizer a guy can get.
LIME: Des Moines waterworks lime. Long story short: no magnesium (huge!!!!!), fine & starts working incredibly fast. All the data on it is just top tier. Better than quarry lime IMO. & last 5+ years at rate I’m applying. Cheap and amazing.

The next: COMPOST!!!! Oh my gosh!!! Put it this way- better nutrient value than chicken manure with no weed seeds & 30% Organic matter!!!!!! This destroys commercial fertilizer and even manure. It was free - needed to pay for trucking. Check this out!!!! Crazy high N rates, calcium & does lower ph with the lime & organic matter is bananas !!! Micro & macro nutrients - amazing. Would cost probably $400-500/acre++ to TRY to buy same thing at coop (which u can’t get stuff like organic matter from coop). This is trucking & spreading cost only. Game changer. Boring to look at but this is it. Check out this analysis!!! Lbs per ton is on the right. 3-4 tons to the acre. It’s gonna be awesome!!!
a2fef906a7e90daca9372d9acd1ab231.jpg

70f36f338186cea6df48ee1eca3e125e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that compost from the city or what was used originally to produce the compost?

Last edited:
Is that compost from the city or what was used originally to product the compost?
This one is from a company that collects food waste from supermarkets. U can get it from the cities most the time if u search. I am sure this company got some kinda “government grant” to recycle food waste. If a guy searches a “60 mile radius” - usually a place that has it. It’s amazing & so much better/healthier for soil vs commercial. The one angle I thought of…. If it qualified to spread on organic ground - the lack of weed seeds vs any manure that’s full of them- that’s a HUGE benefit. Even on conventional ground- manure brings a lot of weed seed where this doesn’t.

Anyone with experience on Deer Grow plot start seems be way go Small scale on ace plots that need PH adjustments ?

Top Bottom