Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

perhaps a glyphosate shortage coming

bwese

Just passing along some info a farmer friend of mine told me this weekend. " I may want to buy my glyphosate now as his agronomist told him they didn't know if glyphosate would be available next spring" Don't know the whole story behind the reason but perhaps there may be some truth in it. I figure it can't hurt to buy it now as long as I keep it from freezing. It is a big tool in my crp management and food plots.

Just passing along some info a farmer friend of mine told me this weekend. " I may want to buy my glyphosate now as his agronomist told him they didn't know if glyphosate would be available next spring" Don't know the whole story behind the reason but perhaps there may be some truth in it. I figure it can't hurt to buy it now as long as I keep it from freezing. It is a big tool in my crp management and food plots.
Gly won't freeze and freezing temps wont hurt it.

Other herbicides def cannot freeze, but gly is fine.

What i heard is Bayer is going to stop marketing to home lawn applications and stop using round up name due to lawsuits
Farmers shouldn't have issues having access to gly however. Just what i read about it.

Is this California being California or is there real carcinogen risks with gly? I admit I haven't followed it, just head few headlines, don't even know if California...just sounds like it.

Is this California being California or is there real carcinogen risks with gly? I admit I haven't followed it, just head few headlines, don't even know if California...just sounds like it.
This one is interesting …. I avoid Gly as much as possible but i personally don’t think it’s a huge cancer agent.
remember the legal case where that guy won millions a couple years ago? Black guy, older - was a grounds keeper or something. He used Gly for 20+ years. Here’s the kicker…. He filled up spray bottles with solid concentrate. No mixing. Got all over himself daily with full concentrate. In the end - did the Gly cause the cancer? A jury thought so. They also had a lot of info withheld because of lawyers/legal process. Did it cause it? Who knows - I do not know. Do you likely want to avoid it & be careful? Sure. A food plotter is really not chronically exposed to it. Look at every other “cancer causer” - it never ends. & sorry- u can avoid every one of them- eat perfect & be in best health possible - u still have a 100% death rate. ;)

ive heard of the Gly shortages. If u can buy reasonably - smart to stock up as it doesn’t go bad. Hopefully all these shortages catch back up.

The coop i usually buy bulk from told me 2 weeks ago I could have another 50 gal but yesterday told me they had none to spare and would be saving it to use on thier own. Another local coop has been out since June for over the counter. All the farm and home stores locally have 0 2.5 gal jugs and I saw a 2 gal for 114$ of brand name. There is definitely something to it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

A lot of chemicals were hard to get this year. Between covid, China being dumb with shipping containers, and the freeze in Texas, there were a lot of shortages this year. I've been told not to expect it much better for next year. We paid for chemicals in January and still almost didn't get the shuttle of liberty I had paid for.

Top Bottom