Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pheasant 2022

Amazing!!! U guys hammered em!!!! Congrats!!! We are trying it tomorrow through the weekend. Really hope #’s are good & have a fraction of success u guys did !!

I always liked hunting with pointing dogs they are great unless you want to go Duck hunting then you need a Friend named Curtis with a dog named Tubs. My son and I did well out west this year we walked 49.5 miles and got 38 birds.20221012_172954(1).jpg
20221011_162048(1).jpg20221030_163125.jpg20221011_092409.jpg
20221016_153959-jpg.123666

Attachments

• 20221016_153959.jpg
    20221016_153959.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 103
Sorry Fields I thought I was posting on the other Pheasant Post. Did not mean to hijack.

I always liked hunting with pointing dogs they are great unless you want to go Duck hunting then you need a Friend named Curtis with a dog named Tubs. My son and I did well out west this year we walked 49.5 miles and got 38 birds.

Tubbs is getting better on the pheasants pretty soon he’ll be an absolute unit. I hunted with pointing dogs on Tuesday for the first time ever that was pretty awesome. 49.5 miles would put Tubbs in a coma for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job! Fun times.

In regards to the doodle, read up on the North America Versatile Hunting Dog Association. Some members advocate for a poodle cross (Pudel Pointer). Their pups are $$$$.

slick your all good, thanks for the pics. I miss the Wisconsin grouse woods, sorta. that stuff gets thick!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

What general region are you in and why do you feel the bird #’s came back? It’s interesting trying to figure this out and I love seeing guys getting in good populations!! Great to see these birds coming back in pockets!!!

There are definitely pockets of birds in Iowa, we hunt in the kinda NWish area of Iowa. 10 to 12 years ago bad winters & wet springs pretty much wiped the birds out. A bunch of birds were released for several springs & summers until a few successive easier winters & dry springs allowed the population to gain back a foothold for the last 5 to 7 years there have been alot.

There was always cover especially along the creeks & ditches. Around the winter of 2010 when the large drop in bird numbers occurred, we were finding pheasants froze right in the snow drifts so weather definitely plays a big part. Any extra help from people (trapping nest predators, food, shelter, releasing birds) has seemed to help.

Also, I grew up in the area so for now we still have permission to hunt several spots but that all changes with time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom