Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Podcasts that are excellent?

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
What u all listen to? I get some drive time. Music good, talk radio I get my fix.
For podcast I’m an amateur!!!!! Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro. I listen to a lot of nerdy deep conservation, farming, restoration, regenerative type shows, presentations, studies & discussions when I’m on drive & like hearing different points of view. Most folks would fall asleep and crash.

On hunting, ive listened to maybe 5-7 total podcasts folks have sent me... between 9 finger chronicles, chasing giants & few others. Great!! But very limited how much I’ve listened to in total. Who do u like? Why?

then I need a recommendation..... clearly I’m an odd ball and this is specific..... any deep conservation and habitat stuff like above? That’s my passion and knowledge but interesting to hear other points view & learning never stops if u are listening to top tier folks. Also- deep hard core mature whitetail stuff. I don’t need to talk hunting public land in Michigan- not my interest (nothing wrong with it - just not what I personally want to hear). Hard core stuff with good smart dudes.

what you all like and why? Don’t like & why?

Sportmen Nation has a branch called Land and Legacy. Wired to Hunt has had some good guests on. You are probably more qualified to be on those podcasts than listen to them though.
I'm not a huge fan of Working Class Bowhunter. But there's certain episodes that I feel are must listens (Mark Drury, Clint Casper and some others)
I find myself listening to more western hunting podcasts than whitetail one because I haven't found a great one. Randy Newberg, Kifarucast etc

David Goggins audio book is intense. Mostly geared toward motivational endurance sports but you can apply his thoughts to anything in life. Dude is a straight up animal.

I have started listening to Don Higgins' podcasts lately and I think he is as well informed and knowledgeable of a land/wildlife manager as anyone I can think of.

MeatEater for sure. Cal’s week in review is very entertaining.

I liked the Hunt Backcountry Podcast.. a few episodes in there that really have good information on shooting bows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meateater and Iowa Sportsman. I seem to listen to both on the drive down and back from my farm, which is a nice break from regular radio stuff.

I like meat eater. I have several others I listen to as well but most have little to do with the outdoors.
I've been listening to a few chasing giants with Don Higgins. Don has a wealth of whitetail knowledge but they seem to spend at least half of each episode just bloviateing about how great everything don touches goes.

Last edited:
Meateater, wired to hunt, and sportsman nation are all good and what I usually listen to. Drury’s podcast has some good guest on as well. If I want a good laugh I’ll listen to Rogan, Theo Von, or Pardon my take (sports talk somewhat)

If there was one I couldn’t live without it’d be meateater. Rinella is great to listen to and always has intriguing guests. Seems like once you start an episode you have to finish

Top Bottom