Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pole saw/Tree trimmer

bigbuckhunter88

PMA Member
Anybody have input and advice on this topic. I ran a forum search and so far it sounds like the Wicked pole saw and the Fiskars ropeless saw both had good reviews. I'm looking in the 150 price range. Silky is out of my range. Also looked at Hooyman. Any new products to consider? And if people recommend the Wicked. Which model do you have? I have their hand saw and have been very happy with it.

I don't have their pole saw but based on the performance and durability of the handsaw, I'd go wicked without a doubt. Plus you get to support an Iowa company.

I bought the ultra light combo at the Whitetail classic two years ago. I actually had an issue with some of the sections pulling out (not surprising because I beat the crap out of it) but I sent it over to them and they put a new special glue or something they have and guaranteed it would not pull out again. Since I've gotten it back I've continued to beat it up and put it through just about everything you could imagine and have had no issues. They were great from a service standpoint and got it back to me very quickly. They stand by their stuff and guarantee it and like was previously mentioned they are an Iowa company which I think is pretty cool!

I bought a Fiskars one from bomgaars the other week for trimming shooting lanes as we put up a few stands that weekend. It was the orange fiberglass handled 8-14' model, with the rope pruner (I took the rope off however). It worked awesome. Very sharp, and did a great job. ~$60

I have a wicked, worth the money. I had a Fiskars and hated it. Had a Hooeyman and hated it too.

I have had a Hooyman for years and I think it's a good saw. I don't have 100 stands to trim and I don't get crazy but it's cuts great.

wicked fan

I bought the wicked tough 12 ft. saw at the end of last season. Have not used a lot yet, but really like what I see so far. Folds up compact(about 2.5 ft) enough to pack along if going a long distance through heavy cover yet light(under 4#) and seems very rugged.

I've had a Wicked saw for a couple of years. Very nice and affordable saw. Another saw that I saw at the Deer Classic is the EZ Kut saw. The blade is tapered and it saws real easy the price is 40$. I didn't buy one but maybe next year. I have there hand pruners and really like it plus there blades are guaranteed or life.
http://www.ezkutproducts.com/products.php

I had the wicked hand saw for quite awhile and eventually lost it. It really didn't impress me much. A $20 10 inch Corona Razor Tooth will blow it out of the water from a cutting perspective. I have a hooeyman that I don't really like. I do like the looks of the wicked pole saws which I want to get here at some point. I want something compact that isn't huge to carry in a distance and it looks to fit the bill.

I had the wicked hand saw for quite awhile and eventually lost it. It really didn't impress me much. A $20 10 inch Corona Razor Tooth will blow it out of the water from a cutting perspective. I have a hooeyman that I don't really like. I do like the looks of the wicked pole saws which I want to get here at some point. I want something compact that isn't huge to carry in a distance and it looks to fit the bill.

I have a corona snips for small branches, blows away any "hunting" snips I ever bought

Top Bottom