Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Polebarn-Cabin contractor

Horizon buildings ! There amish and do a fantastic job! My dad who built homes for 40 yrs was very impressed with there workmanship!!!! Good price also!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

lol. Right.As stated above I’ve had contractor types who visited to do additional work comment on the quality of the building. Saying “Amish” are all bad is like saying all builders from a specific category are great. It’s individual like anything else. Come on.

In fact last month during the high wind in mid December my building did great while my neighbors Morton had half the roof gone. Lol

Slick, I had 4 bids, some not Amish,with the specs I wanted ie steel gauge, support type/size, truss type/spacing, stud wall spacing, vapor barrier, cement floor, floor thickness, floor vapor barrier etc. The builder mentioned was the best price. If you do homework, have specs ready, get quote in writing all good regardless of who it is. Go in blind simply looking for the lowest number then there could be issues. Good luck

Last edited:
lol. Right.As stated above I’ve had contractor types who visited to do additional work comment on the quality of the building. Saying “Amish” are all bad is like saying all builders from a specific category are great. It’s individual like anything else. Come on.

In fact last month during the high wind in mid December my building did great while my neighbors Morton had half the roof gone. Lol

Slick, I had 4 bids, some not Amish,with the specs I wanted ie steel gauge, support type/size, truss type/spacing, stud wall spacing, vapor barrier, cement floor, floor thickness, floor vapor barrier etc. The builder mentioned was the best price. If you do homework, have specs ready, get quote in writing all good regardless of who it is. Go in blind simply looking for the lowest number then there could be issues. Good luck

You're absolutely correct. I was speaking to the fact that he referenced a portion of the state that I live in & the work the Amish do nearby. They absolutely do good work, I wouldn't argue that. I think Dodge makes really good trucks but it doesn't mean I'd buy one. This is similar.

Post-frame construction is constantly changing and I believe there's an incredible amount of value in being on the leading edge of that technology. 95% of folks would never know the difference when they walk in and compared one shop to another but 30+ years from now you'll be amazed at the difference. You get what you pay for. There's a reason the companies I referenced are booked 6-12+ months out. Waiting that long isn't fun, but it's worth it. Drive around and find the big farmers/folks with 3-5+ post frame shops and see what their peak sign says. That will tell you a lot.

Last thing is customer service. Damage does/will happen and eventually you'll need some warranty work. Get lots and lots of referrals and let that guide your decision.

Top Bottom