Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Portable Blind Ideas Needed

Just wondering what others do for a portable blind for deer, like one that you would carry in on a hunt each time. I have access to a farm that is mostly open CRP/pasture, with a couple draws that are kind of thin on the trees. I've only hunted it a couple years and still trying to learn the best spots. Thinking being mobile would help. Thoughts on what might work, what has worked for you?

Also ideas on access through the CRP/pasture to minimize deer seeing me come in? Some sort of stalking blind? Or a ghille? I know any movement gets detected, but wondering about something to not put them on full alert.

TIA!

I've only used it for turkey, but something like this is what I would try. Wearing a ghille coat/hood behind it would probably help a lot too. These are very portable but you need to stay close to the ground because they are not very tall.

Reactions: JPS
I've only used it for turkey, but something like this is what I would try. Wearing a ghille coat/hood behind it would probably help a lot too. These are very portable but you need to stay close to the ground because they are not very tall.
Not sure if you attached a pic or link, but not showing up.

The ghille works wonderful in situations like you're describing where you dont have control of the land for blinds etc.. With basic hunting common sense and paying attention, you will have deer both young and old get SCARY close. If you do your job right, most will have zero clue you're there too.

There is nothing better than a natural blind made out of whatever is growing in the crp!! Done it many times, I don't have pics on this phone, but a natural blind done right is invisible if the wind is In your favor!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I have three box elder trees that are very closely spaced next to a creek. I’ve stood between them and arrowed 2 decent bucks without a blind, just camouflage gear. Keep movement minimal and it can be crazy what you can get away with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if you attached a pic or link, but not showing up.
I meant to attach this.
1666200322016.png

While looking for a picture of the field shied i found this. It might be a pretty handy portable version for a bow hunter.
1666200518562.png

Top Bottom