Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Potential new World Record Non- Typical

Elvis188

This buck was harvested Free Range in Kansas tonight in the early black powder season.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-002554_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210916-002554_Facebook.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 185
Damn!!! I’d say he’s a contender. No doubt. That’s getting the summer feeding pattern down pat before fall food sources change it. Good for him!

Do we know for sure this may be a high fence deer.
FYI - I have seen confirmation elsewhere that this beast escaped from a captive herd. There is no indication that the hunter knew this or in any way did anything unethical...but it is not eligible to enter into the record books because of it's origin on a game farm. I read that the place of the escape was 10 miles from where it was taken...hmmm...that ol' boy went for a walk. :)

Do we know for sure this may be a high fence deer.
Yep. That article attached confirmed it. Nothing wrong was done. It escaped & then it showed up & got shot. Doesn’t qualify for B&C. All legit but it is escaped deer.

Daver beat me to it.

imagine going back to hunting camp “I think I just saw a buck that would go well over 400”!!! “. Ha.

I know everyone is drawn into the antlers but did anyone else notice the shot placement wasn't very good. Lucky that deer didn't run off and die unfound

I know everyone is drawn into the antlers but did anyone else notice the shot placement wasn't very good. Lucky that deer didn't run off and die unfound
Could be exit? Not horrible if so.
Could also be that kid was having a massive heart attack too & couldn’t think straight. Had I seen a deer half that size when I was younger- I am 75% sure I would have missed.
But ya, if it’s entrance - he’s back a bit, no doubt. I did notice that. Worked out well for the kid in end & probably better than if I was that hunter at that age. ;).

**how many guys out there would “pass a 300” deer because he is likely going to be over 400” next year” ?!?!? :D:p:rolleyes:o_O

Maybe that kid and his girlfriend are linebackers, but that buck looks like it would dress about 115 lbs. Regardless, he'll have quite a story for the rest of time!

Top Bottom