Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Predator control

Snare shop, Road Runner snares is another Iowa guy making his own with some mods and selling them. A plug for anyone looking to learn about predator trapping is iowatrapperstalk.com
Lots of good knowledge relative to this part of the state. And also a good place to pic up used traps

Snare shop, Road Runner snares is another Iowa guy making his own with some mods and selling them. A plug for anyone looking to learn about predator trapping is iowatrapperstalk.com
Lots of good knowledge relative to this part of the state. And also a good place to pic up used traps

The kind of cable is apparently pretty important too because the smaller it is the better it blends in but then theres more chance for a chew out. Also theres different strand types of cable and some apparently are quicker sliding and stronger then others but idk i try to keep it simple and just bought some labled coyote. One thing i think would be very helpful are cable extensions so u can attatch to trees or posts along ways away from the trail cause with what i use u need a tree that isnt too big or to small and u need it within a couple feet of trail or else i dont have enough cable left to make a good loop

I trapped 75 critters on about 500 acres this fall between my proprety and the neighbors. 17 coyote, 4 fox, 1 bobcat, rest were nest robbers, was wondering if catching that many coyotes and the cat would make a difference for deer, turkey, pheasant, etc... this is the first year ive had luck catching coyotes and it was really fun. Idk if thats enough to make a difference but it would be a bonus of catching them all. Does anyone think i made a difference or na? Either way im gonna trap them yotes now that i got them figure out.
Trap all of the dirty dogs you can. They can have up to two litters a year and anywhere from 1 to 10 pups in a litter. They are like rabbits and add up quickly. The egg robers are as bad also, and catching all of them you can when legal is good. makes for more birds.

Top Bottom