Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Property pricing

iowascott78

I have been looking at several different realtors for about a year now in SW Iowa, I live in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Council Bluffs</st1:City></st1:place> and most hunting properties for sale seem to start a $3500.00 an acre. I found that ISU extension office releases a farmland value twice a year and in my area they value timber at about $1750.00 an acre. Why such a difference. I know you can ask what ever you want when selling something but most of the properties don’t seem to last more than a couple of months before they are selling so they must be getting near asking price. Is the ISU office that far off or people are just over paying?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

people are paying crazy prices, I guess if you have the money and you want something bad enough why not?? you use to be able to buy timber for $50 a acre because nobody wanted it, now with all the hunting industry blowing up its out of control

Yes, those #'s for timber are being seen. Maybe not all the time & mix in tillable & price goes a lot higher. Timbered land in Iowa is considerably lower priced than most anywhere else. I'll bet you could get a nice timbered tract for 2000/acre if you looked around a lot, for sure 2200-2300 - that should be really easy

Top Bottom