Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

PSA - AR-15 pistols

rutnstrut

PMA Member
Just a heads up to try and save someone some trouble this year...
The IDNR in their usual fashion has added a new hidden law regarding AR-15 pistols for deer hunting and for whatever reason didnt include it in the published regulations.
AR-15 pistols are not legal in any caliber or any form for any deer season.
Theyve added a new law that states that to be considered a "pistol" for deer hunting purposes it can not have anything protruding behind the pistol grip (buffer tube) Not too sure how nit picky they will or can be because most handguns have something that sticks out behind the grip be it the slide or hammer or beavertail grip safety.
In my opinion this sure feels like a baiting tactic since they also added this new law and failed to add that important piece of info in the printed regs most people use to know what they can and cant do. Especiallysince they also added the new law that if youre hunting with an anapproved weapon you not only get a $250 fine you also lose your hunting rights for TWO years and more than likely they'll take your gun as well.
In my opinion since this is a new addition especially after adding .450 bushmaster and allowing AR "rifles" to be used during shotgun season it most definitely needed to be added to the regs and maube even highlighted but nope they kept it a secret so they could write tickets and confiscate firearms.
This is the kind if thing that really pisses me off... They print out a set of regs for everyone to have and follow, someone spends their time and hard earned money to get what according to the printed regs is a completely legal firearm to hunt with then they get blind sided and get hit with a fine lose their hunting rights and probably even their gun... What a bunch of B.S. way to drop the ball IDNR

• Deleted by Tim Hull
  • Reason: argument been done already
Show…
Top Bottom