Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

public ground trees

Can you tell me why I would see 50+ birds everyday in and around these trees? I think its because they could get out of the 40 mph winds we have twice a week, food close buy and not much cover anywhere else. The heard of 35-40 deer loved it too
773-img_1595129021331.jpeg

1/4 of the trees gone.I'm sure it won't be long for the rest.
773-_54114.jpeg

Wind breaks are ideal winter cover. Those shrubs in the pic would be far more inviting than large trees without the shrubs. I don't see large trees without any ground cover blocking 40 mph winds. What your pic shows are all still small trees with heavy over head cover.

Places I always found pheasants in the winter time were hedge rows, switch grass fields, cattails/willows and wild plum thickets.

What are the shrubs in that pic? Look like maybe dogwoods which are great pheasant habitat.

Wind breaks are ideal winter cover. Those shrubs in the pic would be far more inviting than large trees without the shrubs. I don't see large trees without any ground cover blocking 40 mph winds. What your pic shows are all still small trees with heavy over head cover.

Places I always found pheasants in the winter time were hedge rows, switch grass fields, cattails/willows and wild plum thickets.

What are the shrubs in that pic? Look like maybe dogwoods which are great pheasant habitat.

I don't know what kind of tree they were but they're gone now along with all the small Cottonwood. They've been out cutting all week it'll be interesting to see what it looks like this weekend. My pictures don't show how thicck it really was. It was a mixture of all different kinds of trees and shrubs.

Top Bottom