Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Public Land Ghost

SlickWilly89

Saw this guy last year once through the thicket but he out smarted me the rest of the season. I think this deer is a 3.5 yr old. I wanna pass him but he is on public land in polk county so it'll be hard. It will be interesting to see if his browtines will split. . .looks like they are starting. How old does everyone think he is? Hope to get more pics yet . . . ..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Just guessing but maybe this fawn will be a buck?
picture.php

Even though it's public ground I'm still letting that one walk.. He's got some growing to do and amazingly enough, they do find places to avoid getting shot on public land. My buddy got a 170 and I've got a 150 both from the same spot on public land in Polk County.

Id love to let him walk but ik he look better in my truck than someone elses. . . Gonna hafta make up my mind at that moment

SCOFFIN said:
But, if this would be a personal best for you, by all means fire away..

Totally agree with scoffin your the person that's going to care the most what you end up with!!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Cooter said:
If the only reason you want to shoot him is so someone else can't I don't agree with.

If you want to shoot him cause you would be proud of him go for it.

Mobile Cooter using IW

I agree with Cooter 100%. What has happened to us that we feel like we need to make excuses for killing a buck that won't get our picture on the cover of North American Whitetail? If you are happy with it great. I hunt because I enjoy it and I don't want to ruin it by adding the pressure of worrying about what others will think about a buck I chose to shoot. I have seen several posts this week where lots of you guys have given great advice by simply saying if it makes you happy then go for it. If you are drawing back on a buck and thinking to yourself that you wish it would live another year then roll the dice and let him walk. Good luck to everyone this fall and hopefully we will all be as happy and excited at the end of the season as we are now looking forward to the start of it.

I'm thinking he's only 2.5

I agree, , I know trail photo's can be deceiving, but I just do not see that buck being a 3 yr,old Looks more like a great 2 1/2,
If you get the encounter and he get's your heart rate up- shoot him, Its your call

Its not that im a head hunter at all. . . I just wana take a mature whitetail on public land. Personally that is what hunting is to me.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Whats the law on public land, for salt/mineral? When out rideing trails with my horse on the public land, I come across alot of cameras over salt/mineral.

Whats the law on public land, for salt/mineral?

I don't know, I just know it really sucks to scout a good area only to find a salt lick. Completely ruins any area close by because it is illegal to hunt a baited site.

SlickWilly89;

Trophy rock is just a big block of salt with some mineral mixed in. So if you hunt close to your camera site you are hunting a baited site. Not to mention ruining that area for ethical hunters for several years to come.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Kind of got off topic a little. If this buck is a trophy for you then take him if you have the chance. Salt or food plot same thing. Nice buck.

Top Bottom