Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pull behind mowers

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
Does anyone have one that they like or recommend? It sounds like most people I talk too just get frustrated with theirs. So I am debating just waiting until I can get a tractor with a 3pt mower, but wouldn't mind a pull behind for behind the ranger.

Thanks!

I'll give my nickels worth: I have used a 17 horse DR mower for about 10 years. It has been broken and fixed a number of times though in all honesty, I have abused the Hell out of it!!! I have bounced it around on extremely rough ground. Any tree I could push over with the Gator went under the mower to be shredded (like 3"+ diameter cedars). I have used it to mow tall prairie grass (including the brush & trees that grow there), make trails through the woods and keep them open. I have fixed &/or replaced a lot of parts on it but have used it for things a sane person would have used a Bush Hog for (including mowing 60+ acres of CRP one summer). I just didn't have a tractor on the farm at the time. The whole "offset" tongue thing might work for doing easy mowing, but not for serious abuse. Other than that, I can't really complain about the DR mower after all I put it through.

Does anyone have one that they like or recommend? It sounds like most people I talk too just get frustrated with theirs. So I am debating just waiting until I can get a tractor with a 3pt mower, but wouldn't mind a pull behind for behind the ranger.

Thanks!

I bought the Swisher/Trailmaster 44" Roughcut from Northern Hydraulics in DSM. I have been very impressed. I just mowed 3 acres with my Ranger last weekend and smoked my first belt after 3 summers. Went to O'Riellys and was back running in in about 20min. I abuse it and mow somewhere around 10-15 acres a year and no problem. I mowed saplings and big rose bushes with no problem. I would highly recommend this machine. I also use it to clip my clover and it does a good job of clipping it off nice and clean.

I bought the Swisher/Trailmaster 44" Roughcut from Northern Hydraulics in DSM. I have been very impressed. I just mowed 3 acres with my Ranger last weekend and smoked my first belt after 3 summers. Went to O'Riellys and was back running in in about 20min. I abuse it and mow somewhere around 10-15 acres a year and no problem. I mowed saplings and big rose bushes with no problem. I would highly recommend this machine. I also use it to clip my clover and it does a good job of clipping it off nice and clean.

What HP is it?

Top Bottom