Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pulling cameras

4 Buck

When does everyone start taking down there camera's for the year? I've noticed with this colder weather, my cameras are pretty hard on batteries and the trigger time is pretty slow.

I have all ready pulled a couple with low traffic....

When does everyone put them back up? I try and put them back out first couple weeks in march to start scouting for TURKEYS!!!!

I pull mine before shotgun season and get them back up as hunt late muzz. Once the season is over I plan on running a few bait sites to try and get a post season inventory and maybe find a shed or two. i will probably run them through Feb. and into March

I pull mine before shotgun season and get them back up as hunt late muzz. Once the season is over I plan on running a few bait sites to try and get a post season inventory and maybe find a shed or two. i will probably run them through Feb. and into March

X2...I like to see which ones made it through and what to expect for sheds.

I pull mine late February/early March after the bucks have shed and put them back out in mid June. Quite a few people leave them out year round. They don't eat much and there's always something to get pictures of.

Non-Typical Digital camera (Warranty)

Folks i have had about 5 camera's from them. Recently it broke, they offered me a new trade in model for $110. I received it and set it up and nothing worked, i called for hours then, they told me to send it in. which i did, i have been burned for about $50 on postage over the years !! Ok, they call and say they want $80 to fix the NEW CAMERA !! I refuse !! They send the broken camera BACK !! The service rep. said I bent the Compac card flash entrance. What would you guys DO ?

I also pull mine before shotgun season. Usually get them back out there right about now to see whats left over from the orange army. I think this year i'll just wait until mid summer. I usually have to do a ton of walking in alot of snow for not alot of worthwhile photos. I'll wait till summer.

I pull mine after bow season just because I'm paranoid someone in the orange army will jack my cameras, not that we have a problem with trespassing but I don't want to risk it. I put them back out in late January over corn and mineral just to get an idea of when they're dropping their antlers. I take them down again until August.

Top Bottom