Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question on land owner tags

Trapshooter1

Guys forgive me for the stupid questions. So bear with me.

This will be my first year as a land owner in Iowa. I have some questions about land owner tags. As a resident I always buy the Archery Resident Tag, and Gun 1 Tag(Both any sex)

(I ll have to get registered first)
So as a land owner I'm allowed one Lot any Sex tag,(Bow or Gun)
Since traditionally I hunt the first gun season with a family group,

Does my land owner tag for gun have to be a shotgun tag, Or can it be a late muzzleoader tag??? With traditional resident tags your only allowed one gun season. So thats why I'm asking the question.

It's kind of a no brainer to me to use my LOT on the gun seasons as you get to hunt both, unless that season you don't hunt on your land. Then I get a bow and late muzzy.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Big thing is remember- a LOT tag is for YOUR GROUND ONLY. You CANNOT go party hunt other ground with other people with only that tag. Someone on this forum has done that and its a big no no..

Another thing to check: one LOT for all parcels held by a married couple. Last conversation with a CO said registering separate parcels under spouse name doesn’t cut it. Might be bogus info but a person might want to seek clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thing to check: one LOT for all parcels held by a married couple. Last conversation with a CO said registering separate parcels under spouse name doesn’t cut it. Might be bogus info but a person might want to seek clarification.

That's exactly right.

I am also new to the landowner thing. I am wondering if I could do the following.

State wide any sex tags - bow and late muzzy
Doe tag for 2nd or 1st season shotgun
Landowner any sex tag- bow

Could a guy still get an antler less landowner tag for shotgun seasons?

I am also new to the landowner thing. I am wondering if I could do the following.

State wide any sex tags - bow and late muzzy
Doe tag for 2nd or 1st season shotgun
Landowner any sex tag- bow

Could a guy still get an antler less landowner tag for shotgun seasons?

Yes you get 3 antlerless I beleive.

A landowner tag can be used for whatever you want it to be I like to wait till my first bow tag is filled then depending on length of season left I will decide then if I should purchase another bow tag or hold out till the gun seasons open....heres another question I'm not sure of maybe someone can help with...can I purchase a doe tag for a specific county for early muzzeloader and also purchase an additional doe only for a specific county for shotgun 1?

Can I purchase a doe tag for a specific county for early muzzeloader and also purchase an additional doe only for a specific county for shotgun 1?

Yes, but you can only purchase one of them right now. You have to wait until Sept 15 to purchase additional antlerless tags. What you can't do is antlerless for shotgun 1 and antlerless for shotgun 2 for the county specific tags

Top Bottom