Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Range Finder Issues and Replacement Recommendations

I have a Leupold RX-600 rangefinder that I bought about 13 years ago. Been going strong until this year. The 10's digit doesn't fully show clearly when I range. I can faintly see part of the number while other parts are still dark. Tried a new battery thinking that may be the problem, but no luck. Anyone else have this issue with any brand and is there any fixing it?

If not and have to replace, which ones do you guys like?

I have one that just started doing that this weekend as well. I haven't looked to see if you can send them in for repair or not yet. This is the one I have for my son, I have a vortex that I have liked so far. Curious what others recommend as well.

Leopold has started charging people to fix their rangefinders- their display fading out after a few years seems to be a common problem - I had one about 3 years ago they fixed for free and a buddy sent one in 6 months later and they wanted like $200 to fix it - we switched over to selling Vortex mainly because way better warranty and i have never had a screen go out in one.

I have one that just started doing that this weekend as well. I haven't looked to see if you can send them in for repair or not yet. This is the one I have for my son, I have a vortex that I have liked so far. Curious what others recommend as well.
I contacted their customer service regarding whether the issue could be fixed and estimated cost. They responded saying the warranty was a 2 year from purchase date, so not applicable on mine. They stated they cannot repair or replace out of warranty items, but did offer several models for about 1/2 off regular price and may be able to arrange the discount without sending mine in.

Guess I need to check around for prices and whether another brand would be better.

13yrs that's about 11 more than I got out of mine. Thanks for reminding me Boyd. Still butthurt over that and have a hatred for Leopold. Been very happy with my vortex. I'd easily recommend them.

I have a pair of Vortex Fury Rangefinding binoculars very lightly used i would let go for $800 - thats half price of what they are listed for now on Vortex website. I now use a Garmin rangefinding sight on my bow so dont use these any more.

Leopold has started charging people to fix their rangefinders- their display fading out after a few years seems to be a common problem - I had one about 3 years ago they fixed for free and a buddy sent one in 6 months later and they wanted like $200 to fix it - we switched over to selling Vortex mainly because way better warranty and i have never had a screen go out in one.
What models of Vortex do you recommend?

They all work great - just depends on how nice of a rangefinder and what options you want it to have.
We mainly stock and sell the cheaper versions because they fulfill what 95% of people want but do order and sell a few high end ones like Fury and Razor as well.
For instance we have a Crossfire HD 1400 with red letter display, line of sight + horizontal component distance readings (angle compensating) for under $200

If you are a bowhunter.....Bushnell Broadhead!!!!!
Just this fall my Leupold ranged a doe at 29, Wyatt's Bushnell Broadhead said 19.7 yards.
Had he trusted mine he would have shot over her. Their 3D scores jumped when they got the Bushnell Broadhead.

Top Bottom