Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

read this arrow

mudingbuck

PMA Member
They say you can tell a lot by looking at your arrow. Not me but I already had a post about being colorblind. So read this arrow. Where do you think I hit her?

ForumRunner_20131018_191503.jpg

Being color challenged and having an AWESOME sense of smell, I usually sniff the arrow. I can usually tell a quite a bit about the hit from the odor. I'm being serious, unlike the previous post to this thread.

better picture
picture.php

Looks more "greasy" or "watery" to me, instead of lung/liver blood covered arrow, but being colorblind........

Being color challenged and having an AWESOME sense of smell, I usually sniff the arrow. I can usually tell a quite a bit about the hit from the odor. I'm being serious, unlike the previous post to this thread.

I agree! I usually always smell them because I have a super active sniffer!

Arrow looks dryer than a popcorn fart :D, if I had to guess I'd say since you made a clean pass through you hit organs, I'd say one lung, liver quarter to you shot. I'd say liver solely on the darker tint of red.

Did you find her the next day? Weird picture. The blood looks semi fresh on the ground but the deer looks like she had been left overnight and she's got blood on the back of her neck and the body blood looks like you might have wiped her down before the pic.

Do you have an exit pic?

Last edited:
Did you find her the next day? Weird picture. The blood looks semi fresh on the ground but the deer looks like she had been left overnight and she's got blood on the back of her neck and the body blood looks like you might have wiped her down before the pic.

Do you have an exit pic?

No. Watched her fall. Ran less then 50 yards. The pic was taken 1 hour after I stuck her. Shot her at 3 30. Had to wait for the other does to leave the area. She was laying on her neck so just pulled her head out and took the picture.

Last edited:
I would have guessed liver from the pic also, but I stress the guess part. Couple reasons. One, a picture can be deceiving. Two, the arrow looks dry. When blood dries it gets much darker. Also, once it dries it is a lot harder to tell if there are bubles.

Top Bottom