Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Release recommendation

marshall

PMA Member
Have only used a wrist strap style release, but thinking about switching to a thumb /handed style release. Curious about others experiences, pros vs. Cons, any recommendations?? I would like to get something early this summer so I have time to practice.

I switched 3 or 4 years ago and love it. For turkey hunting it's great. For deer you have to be able to keep hands warm enough and shoot good with it. I started with the Stan 4 finger shootout but that has too much finger curl for gloves of any kind so I got a Carter target 4. I like the Stan better because it has more adjustability in the thumb knob. I find it easier to find a more consistent anchor point which helps with groups compared to the west strap.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What’s thoughts on getting those thumb releases where they have a strap that keeps them on ur wrist at all times?

I have the Trufire Hardcore thumb release. I have not hunted with it yet, but will target shoot with it some. I will say that I feel like I get a much crisper release with it and am more consistent with my anchor point. I really have not shot enough to feel comfortable hunting with it and I've never even brought it to a 3d shoot. It takes some getting use to. Mainly what was odd at first was that when you pull back with it all the weight is on your hand and your grip of the release and you are pulling it back, it feels a lot different from the weight of the draw just being on your arm/wrist with a wrist release. Also, you will have to refind where to anchor with it. But overall I like it and really should spend more time getting comfortable with it, I am able to shoot more accurately with it.

I don't like it attached. I prefer to have it in my pack pocket or clipped onto the string.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I made the switch to a back tension release last year. It really makes you perfect your form and execute your shots. I have a carter silverback and do love it...no fore warning they do take alittle to get use to but Im here to say that if youve ever fought target panic and trigger punching then this release will cure those issues. I watched a ton of Dudley videos, and the silverback truly is a game changer, and if you dont want to hunt with it you can then get the nock 2 it which is basically the same release but it a thumb trigger. There is zero doubt in my mind this is the best tool for archery made.

Top Bottom