Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Remington Hevi-Shot

SWIABOONER

PMA Member
I was just wondering if anyone has tried this yet. I was just reading about it in an article and it really sounds impressive. It is a three metal alloy that is more dense than lead and 53% more dense than steel and is still non-toxic. It will be a good option for waterfowlers and being more dense than lead I think it will be a good option for us turkey hunters also. I know they are marketing both turkey and waterfowl loads. If Remington keeps the price the same as Hevi-Shot was on its own it is going to be kind of pricey but if it performs I'll pay a little extra.

[This message has been edited by micah3553 (edited 01-14-2002).]

I BELIEVE I MENTIONED THIS A WHILE BACK WHEN SOMEONE WAS ASKING ABOUT 3 1/2 INCH LOADS.. HEVI SHOT JUST SOLD RIGHTS TO REMINGTON. ITS IS LEATHAL. I HAVE SHOT BOTH GENERATIONS AND WILL ONLY SHOOT IT---PERIOD. DONT FORGET TO PATTERN YOUR GUN;AND DONT BE SURPRISED AT WHAT IT CAN DO TIGHTLY CHOKED AT LONG RANGES. ITS FAST AND POINT OF IMPACT IS HIGHER AT 40 YARDS. I DID KILL AT BETWEEN 60-65 YAARDS LAST YEAR IN IA. AND WE REPEATED IN TEXAS NUMEROUS TIMES. PATTERN YOUR GUN,IT MAY NOT SHOOT THE SAME AS MINE....M350 OUT

M350, that's all I needed to hear. I will definately give it a try, I shoot a rem 870 mag sp, with a pattern master choke tube. and have several others, so i should be able to get a good pattern out of it. What is the price range, comparable to other turkey loads?

ITS GOING TO BE AROUND 16 TO 24 BUCKS A BOX OF 10 DEPENDING ON SHELL CHOICE. 3 1/2 " LOAD MAY NOT BE NEEDED FOR BEST PATTERN. I SHOOT A COMP-N-CHOKE TUBE OUT OF AN 11-87, BUT NOW OWN A SUPER X2, SO ILL BE STARTING OVER AGAIN THIS YEAR. IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT THIS LOAD CAN DO, WATCH ME HAMMER A RIO ON THE OUTDOOR CHANNEL TODAY AT 1:30 PM ON A SHOW CALLED GOBBLIN FEVER. M 350 OUT

ITS GOING TO BE AROUND 16 TO 24 BUCKS A BOX OF 10 DEPENDING ON SHELL CHOICE. 3 1/2 " LOAD MAY NOT BE NEEDED FOR BEST PATTERN. I SHOOT A COMP-N-CHOKE TUBE OUT OF AN 11-87, BUT NOW OWN A SUPER X2, SO ILL BE STARTING OVER AGAIN THIS YEAR. IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT THIS LOAD CAN DO, WATCH ME HAMMER A RIO ON THE OUTDOOR CHANNEL TODAY AT 1:30 PM ON A SHOW CALLED GOBBLIN FEVER. M 350 OUT

I went to the Hevi shot web site a while back, and they said Hevi shot took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, not 4th, but 5th place in the, NWTF target shoot. The shoot where the see who has the best pattern at so many yards. I hear they are a very impressive shell!

Top Bottom