Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rifle scope - 450 bushmaster

deadeye

Looking for opinions on a decent (not super expensive) scope for a 450 bushmaster. Probably shoot paper at longer ranges than actual deer. Have 3-9x40 on muzzleloader. Was thinking about bumping up to a 4-12 for this gun. Was thinking the Vortex Diamondback would be a good scope for the money in a 4-12. Cabela's has the Nikon BDC 3-9 and 4-12 for a decent price. Nikon makes different lines and not really sure the ones Cabela's has would be the same quality. Really the only attraction would be the price. Looking for opinions on a decent scope for the price for a 450. Thanks

100% leupold vxr WITH FIREDOT!!!!
A touch expensive.... leupold absolutely takes the cake with their revolutionary firedot system. Target acquisition is off the charts. I first bought an ultimate slam w/ firedot for my muzzle loader and since have outfitted every hunting weapon with firedot system. (3 vxr's, 2 ultimate slams, 1 mark ar, all with firedot.)
I will not buy another scope to hunt with without. Absolutely amazing!!!!

The pain of an expensive piece of equipment passes quickly compared to the misery of a mediocre “POS”! There are lots of good choices out there but without a doubt, Leupold rocks!

vortex is good. hard to beat their warranty. i've been trying to decide between a 1x4 scope, or a red dot for my 450

vortex is good. hard to beat their warranty. i've been trying to decide between a 1x4 scope, or a red dot for my 450

1-4× illuminated reticle... You can find some decent deals sometimes on Leupold VX-R's
Another pretty good option is Primarys Arms... Theyve got 1-4×, 1-6×, and 1-8× illuminated reticle scopes for a pretty good price with several different reticles to choose from. Theyre similar to Vortex in quality and design but usually a bit cheaper and I think they come with a lifetime warranty now too

Red dots arent bad, Ive hunted and shot with them off and on for years... But I think a low power variable power scope with an illumated reticle is the best option.
Most red dots have to be turned on, and the batteries can die especially on really cold hunts, and even the brightest red dot isnt always very bright in direct sunlight especially when theres snow on the ground.
Low power variable power scope with an illumated reticle will usually give you better low light visibility, the reticle is always "on" at least black in its black form even if the illumiation isnt turned on or the battery dies, you can crank up the power for more precise shots or leave it down to 1x and its very similar to a red dot as far as speedy target acquisition

Last edited:
Top Bottom