Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rumor - New state record?

Hey, I know exactly where you are coming from, exhibit: The Juggernaut. Rich and I had pictures being sent back to us from people we knew, of the deer that Rich had shot not knowing that it was actually Rich that had shot it within a couple hours. The next day, he got it in his own email saying that it was shot somewhere in Wisconsin. What really irks me is how do these stories get changed? Somebody just pulling a joke on other people or what? My gf happens to be from Danbury so that's why I was interested, beings it was shot locally. Thanks for the clearing of the mud anyway.

Last edited:
No offense, but the deer Erick posted is on Boone and Crocketts trophy watch, saying name and score... so pretty much if he didnt want it out, he should never have posted it there..just my 2 cents

No offense, but the deer Erick posted is on Boone and Crocketts trophy watch, saying name and score... so pretty much if he didnt want it out, he should never have posted it there..just my 2 cents
For the record, anyone can submit that info to Boone and Crockett. Doesn't have to be the person who shot it.

shadowpeople said:
Hey, I know exactly where you are coming from, exhibit: The Juggernaut. Rich and I had pictures being sent back to us from people we knew, of the deer that Rich had shot not knowing that it was actually Rich that had shot it within a couple hours. The next day, he got it in his own email saying that it was shot somewhere in Wisconsin. What really irks me is how do these stories get changed? Somebody just pulling a joke on other people or what? My gf happens to be from Danbury so that's why I was interested, beings it was shot locally. Thanks for the clearing of the mud anyway.

It's places like this is where it all changes. As you can see every one thinks they know where it was shot so they put their two cents in not really know the whole truth.

It's places like this is where it all changes. As you can see every one thinks they know where it was shot so they put their two cents in not really know the whole truth.
In my opinion its places like this that set the record straight. Picture text messages and emails is where the stories get changed. At least here we got to a truth, but I bet there is still emails and picture messages floating around with false info.

bigbuckhunter88 said:
In my opinion its places like this that set the record straight. Picture text messages and emails is where the stories get changed. At least here we got to a truth, but I bet there is still emails and picture messages floating around with false info.

I beg to differ. How many stories have you read on here where those deer were shot? To many! Now text you get from som

Now text you get from some one all you do is forward it to a buddy no changing of words in the text just a forward. Because when I get a text of a nice deer that's has been shot all I do is put my buddies numbers in and let it fly I don't change any words in the text. Now on here people change a word here and there so it ends up the deer was shot in nw Iowa when really it was shot in se Iowa.

Right g1 and 2 will hurt the net on this one from my neck of the woods.
203 gross.
buck_paradise_3.jpg

I'm moving to Saskatchewan! What's the real estate market like up your way Kaare? :grin: I'll have to learn how to skate, and catch giant pike through the ice, but I've learned harder things! Do frozen smelt work as well up there as they do in the midwest on a tip up? :grin: Toughest part will be selling the woman on why we should move to Canada.

I'm moving to Saskatchewan! What's the real estate market like up your way Kaare? :grin: I'll have to learn how to skate, and catch giant pike through the ice, but I've learned harder things! Do frozen smelt work as well up there as they do in the midwest on a tip up? :grin:

You'll likely not find cheaper hunitng land on earth. Housing isn't cheap though.

Frozen smelt work o.k, big 10" plus herring work far better though...... It's an easy gig to learn, sit on ice, fuel up on whiskey,....flag up......run... woohoo.

Housing isn't cheap though.

That's more what I was referring to. That surprises me for some reason. Why is housing expensive up there? How about job availability? Hell, I would work at McDonalds as long as I could hunt alot :grin: Saw a opening for manager of a Burger King in Regina. Good area? :D

Have to keep warm somehow right? What better way than with Wiskey! Oh and a game of football! LOL

Top Bottom