Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut action/reports

sooner308

Starting vacation this week. Enjoy reading what everybody is seeing while I’m on stand to pass the time. Sat Friday morning before packing up for a out of town softball tournament. Rattled a couple in early. Young but heavy 8 and a spike. Thursday night had one of my target bucks and two young bucks plus 4 does on a picked cornfield and they had no interest in the ladies.

Good luck all. Will enjoy hearing what others are seeing for activity as the rut progresses.

I've had some really good hunts lately lots of action just not the right ones. Picked the wrong stand Friday night cell cameras buzzed at 5:57 Target buck was there... Going to get good this week

Was dead this morning until 3 does came into the crp. A big boy was behind them. Chased them around then lost interest. Then another doe and fawm came out and he chased them around. Eventually he lost interest and starting scraping and posturing around. He headed back the way he came but this time in range

My son passed a nice buck just poking his way through the timber early this AM. Not crazy time just yet...but there are daylight walkers up on their feet.

Happy Halloween Hunters! They moving. It’s good. This buck - I just felt like he was walking by to say “hello, it’s time. Come get us “. It’s good right now if u got one u know of or this also could be time when they really start moving well 930E0C5B-70D5-4F0A-A9E8-86E4F1216463.jpeg

I'm seeing the exact same thing I've seen in 40+ years.
The young bucks are going nuts.
The old bucks KNOW ITS NOT TIME!.
kinda like a bunch of 20 year old guys at a bar with a bunch of good looking chick's.
Then walks Fabio

The "Rut" is the same every single year!

I'm seeing the exact same thing I've seen in 40+ years.
The young bucks are going nuts.
The old bucks KNOW ITS NOT TIME!.
kinda like a bunch of 20 year old guys at a bar with a bunch of good looking chick's.
Then walks Fabio

The "Rut" is the same every single year!
“Calm before the storm” is what I always called it. Agree with u.

What’s weird down here, this year, is we’ve had such crap October movement. Deer movement in general is better just because it’s been so hot & slow. Now it got cold fast- snap. Deer finally moving well. But full force rut- it’ll be bout same each year. Certain areas will have mature bucks in daylight right now though. Not rut crazy but moving in light in many cases.

Saw 7 does and 3 bucks, 2 little forks and a shooter 8 point, last night, one of the little bucks checked out my doe decoy and that was the only look a buck gave a doe last night. At one point, all the deer I saw were in the field, minus the big 8, does we’re eating beans, the bucks we’re eating apples and clover in the orchard…segregating like a middle school dance.

Quite a few mature deer were taken this past weekend in my corner of west central Illinois. Social media and easy distribution of harvest photos makes it seems like everyone is killing their target bucks while I tended to other obligations. Looking forward to some stand time these next 12 days.

One of the top mature bucks I have identified this year was on the field watching a fork sniff around last night. Fork got to 20 and the big guy stayed at 60. He only cared what the fork was up to. The little guy ended up working away and took the big guy with. Gave them a couple grunts and still couldn’t get them interested in turning around. Few days until vacation starts yet. Good luck everyone!

Monday morning sit had young bucks seeking, nothing over 2.5 yrs old though. Fair movement until about 10:30.

Rattled in a 140ish eight point tonight. Only deer seen, he kind of eased his way in rather than running into the fight. Came in head on to 25 yards but never presented my son a broadside shot before he decided he couldn’t see who was doing the fighting and turned around and trotted off.

It’s getting closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom