Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

RUT ACTIVITY UPDATES?

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
I had 2 bucks show up on cam I don’t know. Nothing crazy & 1 is gonna be in management buck category for sure. This is In last 24 hours. Used to have lick branch on this ;). I usually know most all bucks on my place.
This season a tough cookie so hoping more new ones. Seeing some mature movement for sure. Nov 5-22 always be my fav & “go to rut dates” for the crazy stuff. What’s mature movement been like for folks? Updates as u see em!
ba763e7b304809940e2bfa775f068637.jpg

4ae300e777f00c42839540809fa365fa.jpg

Went out Saturday and Sunday morning and it was dead quiet. Pulled cameras and there was TONS of dusk and night activity from the small guys and a couple mature. Went out last night and saw 3 big chonkers trotting fast and pushing some does. Good time to get out there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I had a encounter with a big main framed 8 pt with double split G2s Halloween day other than that not much. The dirty rascal didn’t give me a shot. I hunted that day and November 1&2 and just seen small bucks harassing does.
Hopefully things will be different tomorrow and the next three weeks!

All my cameras have went stone cold so Im perplexed. I’m assuming they are on an adjoining farm where a doe has come in. Still seeing does just out browsing and a couple mature bucks just moseying along.....perplexing to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All my cameras have went stone cold so Im perplexed. I’m assuming they are on an adjoining farm where a doe has come in. Still seeing does just out browsing and a couple mature bucks just moseying along.....perplexing to say the least

CALM BEFORE THE STORM!!!!!
I’ve always had good movement MATURE bucks late oct when cold. Then early nov it’s usually slow. (This year cold so better than normal) It’s almost like the old ones are like “I’m taking a break before it’s truly go time”. Dunno but I never like first 5 in November but after that!!!! Oh yes!!! It is picking up for sure though!!!

CALM BEFORE THE STORM!!!!!
I’ve always had good movement MATURE bucks late oct when cold. Then early nov it’s usually slow. (This year cold so better than normal) It’s almost like the old ones are like “I’m taking a break before it’s truly go time”. Dunno but I never like first 5 in November but after that!!!! Oh yes!!! It is picking up for sure though!!!

Thanks, I’ve never hunted past 11/1 because I’ve been tagged out but new farms present new challenges. I was worried that my 4 days off 7,8,9,10 would be to late

Thanks, I’ve never hunted past 11/1 because I’ve been tagged out but new farms present new challenges. I was worried that my 4 days off 7,8,9,10 would be to late

Got those days off too. Should be prime time. Last year was absolutely bonkers those days. Most consider the 7th to be the best day of the year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I agree. Mid/late November seems to be better on my ground for mature bucks. Seems like there is less movement overall, but the big guys are def making the rounds all day.

Is that because they are coming in from neighbors looking for those last few?

I’m no expert but I think early on the little bucks are running around like teenagers trying to breed everything, while the bigs have their ladies nailed down in their area. Later on in the month the pickings get slimmer and it’s every man for themselves.

I took last Thursday and Friday off as well as this whole week.

Been slow so I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. For the most part the action has been first hour and last hour every day except Nov 1st. I've passed 3 different mid 140s in that 3 y.o. range. Have had two of them inside 20 yards three separate times. Seems like I'm seeing every buck on the farm except the one I want to see (he was day walking on the 1st of Nov. based on cameras)

Fingers crossed I get some luck. Good luck to everybody else!

I took last Thursday and Friday off as well as this whole week.

Been slow so I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. For the most part the action has been first hour and last hour every day except Nov 1st. I've passed 3 different mid 140s in that 3 y.o. range. Have had two of them inside 20 yards three separate times. Seems like I'm seeing every buck on the farm except the one I want to see (he was day walking on the 1st of Nov. based on cameras)

Fingers crossed I get some luck. Good luck to everybody else!

I took last Thursday Friday off and this Thursday and Friday. I saw a pile on the 31st then my cameras went dead and only saw the same mature buck each day following and he wasn’t “rutty”. He did move in and run all other mature bucks off so he’s gonna get a rage if he presents
40c0c00744b37ff40fa49f80df4dbd8d.jpg

Been slow here for me as well. Had a shooter at 30 yards the other night but couldn't get a clear shot, and let a 125 ish 8 pt walk. Both bucks were doing their own thing. The big boy came in with two does, but he was not dogging them by any means. Last night only one doe came through. Nothing really ramped up in my neck of the woods. Taking a couple days off this week to let my back quit hurting from sitting in a stand then back at it later this week. I would assume things should be picking up by then.

Six bucks and one doe so far. I’ve been parked here all day so far. Zero chasing the bucks are just moving around. The first one since lunch was at 2:00.

Top Bottom