Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut report 2020

Had a lot of activity tonight. 8 does and six bucks on a food plot. Normal sparing and a tiny interest in the does, but mostly just eating. Normal Nov 1st stuff.

Saw a shooter deep in the timber Saturday night at dusk. Just calmly walking by himself.

Seen 6 buck tonight and 12 does. Not one buck even gave the does a sniff. BUT, it may because there a re a couple old,big bucks ç ks hanging round.

Was fun watching these 3 youngsters spar and work the mock scrape.20201101_165748.jpg

The buck in the middle was a sod throwing SOB

Sat from 2 pm to dark in a usually high target area and saw 0 deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a good hunt tonight. Only seen 1 deer, But that doesn't matter, as long as it was the right deer. :) :) Shot a mature buck tonight. Not huge racked deer, but just a tank of a deer. I am Very happy.

That’s what kept me in the stand tonight, only takes that one deer. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot doe and 4 bucks in field in front of my house this morning. Real Nice 140+ 8 pointer stuck to her like glue and ran off the others when they got close but they never left the area. Neat part was the whole family got to watch the action and see that buck posturing and defending "his" doe while they got ready for school. Good show

Watched a buck tend a doe last night. Wouldn’t leave her. Otherwise, been slow so far for rutting activity. Gotta believe that is going to change this week.

I sat in the corner of my farm due to wind, which is usually a good in and out spot for our farm. I did not see a deer but I watched one opossum walk through and then 2 more on it's trail a half hour later so I think the opossum rut is on...

So catching up on my last week:

I was no where near a food source last night, just a travel route so who knows? But this morning at 3am, same spot, cam showed a shooter checking out a natural scrape I doctored up yesterday. I tried some preorbital and then hung a dripper with golden scrape. Pretty decent area, 3 scrapes almost touching and some serious rubbing and scent posting. Touched them all up with golden scrape.

I sat first time Wednesday night on a food plot just to take some inventory and had a 3 year old dogging a doe and 2 forks watching, normal stuff.

Friday afternoon I had a doe about run me over on the way in, she was being dogged but never saw the buck. 2 tiny bucks came through just before dusk.

I have seen good bucks moving in daylight since 10/29 on 11/2 in am I seen 3 bucks over 130" this morning 1 doe. Bucks are seeking here in SW Iowa but not chasing yet, At least where I'm hunting.

Nothing but a dink parade in the evenings and at last light, no chasing. Mornings might give the best opportunities?

Walked by sparing bucks to get to my stand at 5:00 AM. On a different property. Couldn't see them, but they were getting after it. Deer rolled out of the field and into the timber earlier than usual. Not as many as I've been seeing. Some harassment going on, but I think they were mostly does and young bucks. Bring back the cold temps. I put on some miles today and am good and stinky for the evening sit.

So far 7 does...one of which I should have taken as meat is shrinking,,one was hefty enough. 3 bucks ,,Two yearlings and one 2 yr old chasing the girls around......Yes,,this is an Iowa report.....!

Top Bottom