Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut

I've been seeing some great rutting activity. Saturday evening I had bucks chasing does everywhere. Nothing big though. Sunday morning was the same thing. Even had two bucks fight over a doe, but they were both 2.5. I shot my buck just after noon Sunday. He was cruising a wooded draw in the CRP, grunting, scraping, and rubbing. I think that it was somewhat hit or miss the first 4 days of November, but that things are just getting ready to take off any day (or hour) now!

sureshot said:
I've been seeing some great rutting activity. Saturday evening I had bucks chasing does everywhere. Nothing big though. Sunday morning was the same thing. Even had two bucks fight over a doe, but they were both 2.5. I shot my buck just after noon Sunday. He was cruising a wooded draw in the CRP, grunting, scraping, and rubbing. I think that it was somewhat hit or miss the first 4 days of November, but that things are just getting ready to take off any day (or hour) now!

Thanks I appreciate it!

I was put everyday from Oct 28 til Nov 2 when I shot my buck. The day I shot him I saw the most action I have ever seen! It was incredible.

Ive seen all kinds of activity from october 27th to november 4th. Big bucks chasing does every where. Grunting and all.

From what I hear it sort of depends on your area. I've talked to lots of guys over the weekend that saw no deer or one deer. I myself had 12 does under my stand eating in a food plot saturday and sunday and did not have one buck come to even check any of them which I found odd. That was in Decatur County. I'm starting to hear of more rutting activity though. Definitely think the rest of this week and weekend will be great. Hate that saturday is supposed to be 70 degrees though.

i havent seen much activity at all here yet, i was kinda wondering if i missed it some how?? usually i see alot of chasing and hear grunting, this year i have actually spent more hours in the stand than ever and have seen less than ever???

tph said:
i havent seen much activity at all here yet, i was kinda wondering if i missed it some how?? usually i see alot of chasing and hear grunting, this year i have actually spent more hours in the stand than ever and have seen less than ever???

Last year on thanksgiving was when i really started to see alot of big bucks and bucks chasin real hard.

Top Bottom