Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Same buck as last year?

Two Beards

Life Member
Not to beat this topic to death
smashcomp.gif
, but I'm curious to see if anyone thinks the buck we got pictures of a few days ago might be the same buck we got a picture of last September (26th).

At first, when my brother asked, I thought, not a chance...but, now I'm not so sure?

Anyhow, pretty good series of pics this 11 pointer gave us on the 3rd
applause.gif
. These 4 pics were taken in the AM, we also got 3 more pics of him at just before 6:00 PM, that same day.
September3041.jpg

September3042.jpg

September3043.jpg

September3044.jpg

...last years picture.
September2603.jpg

Nice pics, its really difficult to say weather or not its the same deer but both pics share the long G-1's, I'd hope its a different buck so then theres two. Do you have any side views of the previous years pic.

i would also say different, due to the fact, that the pic of the buck from last year appears that as the main beam comes off the head it levels out and then curves up on the ends. and the photo from this year appears to almost keep a steady rise in the main beams. bucks most of the time will keep the same main beam characteristics there whole life when other parts of the rack may change. excellent bucks
eek.gif

My vote is 2 different deer. Like Ironwood said, brow tines are much, much taller and the right main beam comes in to center a lot more than the deer from last years photo. Great pics. Thanks for sharing. What kind of camera are you using?

I,like the rest of you, think it's two different bucks. However, the 'crab claw' on the left mainbeam got my attention, as well as, the location, time of year, and age similarities.

alaskan-
Unfortunately we didn't get any sideviews of the buck last year, this was the only pic.

FireDog-
These pics were taken with a 2001 Camtrakker.

Top Bottom