Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sandhill Cranes

2.5YR8

Anyone ever get cranes on a cam before? I was surprised when I downloaded these.
STC_0007.JPG
STC_0011.JPG

Cool pics. No Sandhill cranes around here but I have gotten some Great Blue Herons pics up close already.

I got one this past spring on camera. I had never even seen them flying through here before this spring.
Resized_IMG_0204(1).jpeg

No pics of them ever, but I do remember a duck hunt several years ago where we did see some in the area around the Coralville Res, which was quite unusual. I don't recall seeing them in Eastern Iowa before or since. But that day was the day after a BIG BLOW from the NW and every fowl on the North American continent was present that day it seemed. Oh, we also cleaned up on the ducks that day too. :)

Neat pics, thanks for sharing. Where in Iowa were these?

My pic is from western benton county. I have heard them while duck hunting by Chelsea and Parkersburg, but they were a long ways off. It's on my bucket list to go hunt them somewhere.

Cool pics. Never saw any in Eastern Iowa growing up. Now see or hear them regularly. Pretty sure there's a small nesting populations scattered around the state.

Top Bottom