Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scary sight!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
I was tied on to safety line & harness whole time. Noticed stand was noisy & looked down. Yikes! Good learning lesson!! Look close.
2600c38e86b513dace569923b2786eb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that could have been a disaster, glad you caught it. I'm always leary of the stand straps and always put an extra ratchet strap on mine as well. Those little cables holding up some platforms scare me as well, I started to use chain with shrink tubing in place of the cables on a few of my older stands.

Yep. After looking it over- it looks like critter chewed it. Some of other straps were chewed as well. I am really lucky I had more straps on it and had my harness with safety line on whole time.

guy I know had one strap on a stand - the UV rays from sun ate the strap up. Got in stand - boom - down on ground and paralyzed. :(. Careful out there!

Years ago I had those platform cables fail. Watching a nice 10 point coming in when all of a sudden I am dangling by my safety strap. Glad you are ok.

Top Bottom