Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scent Blocker

mamenninga

I am looking at getting some new Scent Blocker for this season, but am torn b/w the Dreamseason Jacket and the Outfitter Jacket. Anyone using either, or have any comments or suggestions on either? I'm just not sure whether it worth the extra $$ for the Outfitter.

To be 100% honest....I am not sure that carbon clothes are worth the extra money. Do a search on here and you will find that as a common thought on the stuff. Aside fron that, If you are really wanting some sort of carbon blocking garments, look at the Baseslayers from scent lock or the Underguard system from Scent Blocker

Check out www.graywolfwoolens.com if you want some AWESOME quality camo. The Scent-Blocker technology is lisenced from Scent-lok, and you can buy a better quality fabric and construction from Gray Wolf with scent-lok if you are sold on Carbon....... Also, Gray Wolf is an Iowawhitetail sponsor, so that's the bonus!

I have the outfitter jacket. Not sure if carbon gear works but combined with the other odor eliminating technologies I have had tremendous success. I got my outfitter jacket for 1/2 off however (88 bucks) and for the price and the quality of that jacket I couldn't go wrong. It is really versatile, can be worn when it is 70 out or -20, with the removable liner (I know this from experience since I sat for 4 hours during some of the coldest hunting days we had last year). Has pockets in just the right place, the built in arm guard is nice for keeping the bulk down during late season bow hunts. Additionally, it has a few different systems built in to cover your neck, head and face that have the carbon in them, so it is like having a scent like headcover also. However, I am not sure I would drop 170 on it, but for the price I got it for I love it.

Ive had both and found the Outfitter jacket too noisey for my liking, the dream season jacket is quite and comfy, but maybe not that durable. It held up ok last year but time will tell.

I also think the carbon business is a bit overrated. Go with whatever camo you like best and find something that is comfortable and most importantly "quite".

Top Bottom