Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Score settled!!

FinBonZ

Life Member
This turkey has eluded me for two years now. My latest encounter was just this season with my bow in hand. I had this gobbler at 20 yds., (shorlty after killing a yote before the bird flew down). Anyway, I grew impatient, started to rake the leaves around me so the bird would "Seal the Deal" and it walked off. So this weekend I went back with my SBE and decided to extend my range. This bird gobbled on the roost until the sun was about to show. He definitly wanted to see a hen before he flew down. I really wanted to get him fired up but was afraid to call too aggressively, knowing he was an older bird, that I would run him off. He finally flew down and went right to his strut zone (which I happened to be set up in). He gave me a shot and that was it! He had 1 3/8 spurs, an 11 inch beard, and weighed about 24 lbs. It is not the best field picture, but I was only able to take 2 before the battery went dead!

534Tulip_06_035-med.jpg

Nice job dude, how about a close up of the hooks? Anything that can hang like that certainly gets my attention.

Congrats!

Top Bottom