Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scrapes and mock scrapes

Ive had a lot of people asking when part 3 of the, Heres your sign series was going to be posted. Sorry for the delay, I had to order a new charging cord for my camera
Hope this information can be of value to some of you

No scrapes my area yet. Made some mocks. One that is at intersection and is used every yr not in use yet. You can buy all those expensive lures or just pee in a scrape. Saw a show long ago. Guy used all matter of bought scents and peed in some. Saw no difference in use.

No scrapes my area yet. Made some mocks. One that is at intersection and is used every yr not in use yet. You can buy all those expensive lures or just pee in a scrape. Saw a show long ago. Guy used all matter of bought scents and peed in some. Saw no difference in use.
You are correct. Urine will break down after in the air for so long and it all smells the same(pneumonia), even human scent. But you cant replicate an estrus scent with normal pee. Or the tarsal gland, or the preorbital gland on licking branch. I myself don't use urine scents, unless its estrus right before the rut kicks in. This video was for demonstration purposes only

Thanks for watching and happy hunting

Not to belabor this but I wonder how these companies replicate all these scents.? tarsal, preorbital. Something will always Smell to me about this, and it is not deer.

Not to belabor this but I wonder how these companies replicate all these scents.? tarsal, preorbital. Something will always Smell to me about this, and it is not deer.
A lot are flukes. But there is some who are very limited in supply because they are authentic. I know some of the bigger companies maximize their QUANITY, by using deer farms. They'll take the dirt they urinate in, bed in, feed around, etc and extract scents that way.

Well OK maybe some are legit but who knows which ones? The most expensive? Hunting costs enough as it is for me. I think I will let the deer leave their own scents around and I will just try to be out there a lot to capitalize on them.

Well OK maybe some are legit but who knows which ones? The most expensive? Hunting costs enough as it is for me. I think I will let the deer leave their own scents around and I will just try to be out there a lot to capitalize on them.
Nuttin wrong with that! For preorbital gland, try Smokys, other than that, I don't mess with scent much. Sometimes Ill urinate in scrapes to RE-activate it, or just to see if I can peak a bucks interest. Another alternative though, is when you harvest a deer, take its urine and tarsal glands and put in zip lock bag and place in freezer until your ready to use

Top Bottom