Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Second season shotgun and muzzleloader?

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
I was under the impression from what others have told me that one can hunt the late shotgun season and late muzzleloader seasons both....... is this correct? I know that you cannot hunt the early shotgun and late muzzleloader...... game regs. are a little unclear from what I can tell....... Thanks...

Cornfed I believe you can hunt the early shotgun season and also the late muzzldr season. If you get a first shotgun season tag it will only be a either sex tag. Then during the late muzzldr season you can purchase a max of two paid antlerless licenses. Basically you can get your first paid license for shotgun 1 or 2, and or late muzzldr. It will be a either sex tag. Then your next two gun tags are antlerless only good for only shotgun 2 or late muzzldr. So if this is not confusing to you my answer would be yes, you can hunt shotgun season 2(either sex) and then late muzzldr, antlerless.

Unless they have changed something this year I believe that you can hunt 1st or 2nd season shotgun and still hunt late muzzleloader. The difference is that 1st season shotgun hunters get a state wide any sex permit and can only get an antlerless tag for muzzleloder season. 2nd season shotgun hunters have a choice. they can get an antlerless tag for shotgun and a buck tag for muzzleloader or vice versa. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Top Bottom