Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SF 2076 Lifetime hunting, fishing and trapping privileges for disabled vets

Fishbonker

Life Member
SF 2076 would allow Iowa residents who are disabled veterans to hunt, fish and trap without purchasing a license. If checked by a CO the veteran would need to produce proof of age, residency, veteran status and disability status.

Link to the bill: <SF 2076>

I'm not sure what effect this would have on the need for a habitat stamp, deer/turkey tags, migratory waterfowl stamp or 3rd fishing line but the veteran would not need to possess a trout stamp to fish for or possess trout.

Last edited:
As of right now, I have a lifetime hunting and fishing license as a disabled veteran that cost me a one time fee of $7.50. Just had to take my paperwork from the VA to the DNR office and received one on the spot. I don't have to purchase a habitat stamp, but do have to purchase my deer and turkey tags every year.

I don't duck hunt anymore, so not sure on duck stamp? Probably would have to since that is federal?

As of right now, I have a lifetime hunting and fishing license as a disabled veteran that cost me a one time fee of $7.50. Just had to take my paperwork from the VA to the DNR office and received one on the spot. I don't have to purchase a habitat stamp, but do have to purchase my deer and turkey tags every year.

I don't duck hunt anymore, so not sure on duck stamp? Probably would have to since that is federal?
So would this legislation be duplicate to something already on the books?

Wow, I didn't know about that law. I guess it would make it easier for disabled veterans to hunt. However, they will still have to abide by the rest of the rules for hunters.
I'm new to hunting, and I'm still new here. It took me a long time to get the permits to hunt and buy a gun.
But all of this did not spoil my first hunting experience. In addition, a friend shared Brownells Promo Codes with me so I could save a little money on buying equipment and everything I needed to hunt. Where do you buy your hunting accessories most often?

Last edited:
  • Deleted by Ishi
Show…
  • Deleted by Ishi
Show…
  • Deleted by Ishi
Show…
I think SF 2076 is a great idea to give back to our disabled veterans. They have made sacrifices for our country and this is a way to show appreciation for their service. It will allow them to enjoy hunting, fishing, and trapping without the additional financial burden of purchasing a license. It's important to note that they will still need to follow all the other regulations, such as the habitat stamp, deer/turkey tags, and migratory waterfowl stamp, but not having to purchase a license is a big help. I suggest checking out the hoopladoopla.com website for more information on this bill and other initiatives to support veterans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom