Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SF 2219 Transferable landowner tags

Fishbonker

Life Member
This bill would allow a resident landowner who qualifies for a deer tag to offer the tag for sale.

Link to the bill: <Transferable tags>

I don't remember if this bill came up last year but it has been proposed before.

Didn't Kansas try this several years ago and eventually drop the practice?

Isn’t that how shotgun season works already

Not legally.

The resident landowner with a valid tag needs to be hunting with the NR that has a doe only tag and it would be considered party hunting. The NR kills a buck and resident landowner party tags the buck. It is illegal for the resident landowner to sell the tag.

Not legally.

The resident landowner with a valid tag needs to be hunting with the NR that has a doe only tag and it would be considered party hunting. The NR kills a buck and resident landowner party tags the buck. It is illegal for the resident landowner to sell the tag.
I understand the rules, just a small bit of sarcasm there.

What are your thoughts? NR pays 3k to hunt residents farm, and stay at the lodge. RLO guides the hunt but shoots nothing, Indirectly that is selling the tag. It happens and we all know it is happening. NR knows that by paying the 3k on top of the other expenses that he will have an anysex tag available. That is selling it as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited:
I"ve only really been paying attention to the bills introduced each year for the past three or so years. Is this what it is always like? Every year this many things and negative things are being proposed? Why and is it typically the same person/persons proposing these things every year?

Reactions: arm
I"ve only really been paying attention to the bills introduced each year for the past three or so years. Is this what it is always like? Every year this many things and negative things are being proposed? Why and is it typically the same person/persons proposing these things every year?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Usually there is a different wrinkle to the bills every year, but the goal of the legislation remains the same. For example, the current NRLO tag every year bill with wrinkle of the conditions to obtain a tag, the increase in NR tags bill with the wrinkle of 750 tags for first time applicants, the crossbow bill that would have ostensibly allowed crossbows to be used to fill an archery tag in late season with the wrinkle of calling them archery equipment, the transferable tag bill, well there isn't much of a wrinkle in that one.

And year after year after year the IBA and the folks that contact their legislators have been keeping these bills form passing. Well, we got beat on the gun bill because the legislator that had it bottled up announced his retirement. I have a feeling it would have come back around again, and the results would have been the same.

Adrian Dickey is the sponsor? Does it have a subcommittee assignment yet?

It is a very sad state of affairs in place like NM where transferable LO tags are widespread. Wildlife is just a commodity to be enjoyed by the highest paying customers.

Top Bottom