Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SF 465 Littering

Fishbonker

Life Member
Link to the bill: SF 465

I missed this the first time around, the Senate Natural Recourses and Environment Committee approved the bill so it is now eligible for floor debate.

Why is a bill about littering posted here? Because if convicted of littering on areas controlled by the Natural Resources Commission you could lose your fishing, hunting, trapping, camping and cabin rental privileges for a year.

Gonna be hard to enforce this one, but I love it. So sick of seeing water bottles, pop cans and all the trash people leave behind on public land. Why is it so hard to carry out what you carried in?

Gonna be hard to enforce this one, but I love it. So sick of seeing water bottles, pop cans and all the trash people leave behind on public land. Why is it so hard to carry out what you carried in?
Anyone who disrespects the land enough to litter is not responsible enough to hunt.

Is abandoned farm equipment littering??? Or the proverbial farmers garbage dump I found on every farm I bought. Or the abandoned meth lab. Lol. Do whatever on private land. Gonna be hard to enforce.

Last edited:
Is abandoned farm equipment littering??? Or the proverbial farmers garbage dump I found on every farm I bought. Or the abandoned meth lab. Lol. Do whatever on private land. Gonna be hard to enforce.
An Old farmer once told me that a farmer is only as wealthy as the size of his scrap iron pile!

Do many farmers abandon their farm equipment on “areas controlled by the Natural Resources Commission”? And if they do, perhaps that’s exactly the sort of behavior we ought to be prohibiting.

Top Bottom