Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sheds

big+tall+mass

T250 for president
Been hitting up some public ground the last 5 days and have only found 1. Staying out of the private ground for as long as I can.

Anybody been out looking for them yet? Got alot of bucks still holding on cameras?

c558df11573ff44ba047b40c535c2edf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

FWIW...as of a few days ago, I had not seen very many, really any, definite shed bucks on cam and at least one neighbor also reported that he was still getting pics of bucks with both sides too. Soooo...I am sure there are some to be found...but it seems like most are holding now.

Cameras telling me that probably 75% or more still holding on to both sides of their racks

I walked for a total of 15 hours last weekend and didnt find any. Also have been out 3 evenings after work in the past week, granted its only for about an hour before its dark and nothing. Usually by now I have found a handful. In my outings so far I have seen 14 bucks with both sides on and one half rack that was just a spike.

Have a couple on camera that have shed but vast majority still have both antlers on their head at my place. West central IL

If you're going on public ground it's definitely a different ballgame, but most bucks have not shed yet...fact.
It's like hunting mushrooms in the spring, but you probably wouldn't get that either.

I'm just starting to see them drop good. On my cams I'd say at least 25% have dropped. I have one shed laying in front of a cell cam now I need to get.

I'm just starting to see them drop good. On my cams I'd say at least 25% have dropped. I have one shed laying in front of a cell cam now I need to get.
I'm always studying trail cam pics this time of year looking for sheds - so far the deer seem to drop them off camera just to spite me :-(

I'm always studying trail cam pics this time of year looking for sheds - so far the deer seem to drop them off camera just to spite me :-(
Yes, it was just luck he dropped right there. It is on a trail leading to a bean field/plot.

Between cameras and many live sightings I'm seeing majority are still holding both sides. I'm leaving my private stuff alone until March however on scouting missions/shed hunting on public ground I have found 3 sheds. It's still early

Top Bottom