Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sheds

You can find sheds right now, but I can't ever get myself to cover the same ground twice unless it's a hot spot around food. I wait until I think the majority are there. I know I lose some too critters that chew on them or carry them away but I feel like I'll find more in March than February even with critters getting a few.

Just pulled a card yesterday, and it appears 5 of the 8 bucks are still holding both sides in the last week. 1 of the bigger ones just shed a few days ago.

Finding antlers doesn't change the fact that 80% are still holding. I walked a couple spots in the last two weeks looking for the low hanging fruit and came up with one dink. I saw the same 3 shed bucks and the same 9-12 bucks still holding that were holding 2 weeks ago. It's a race against the clock in any place I shed hunt, so if I don't go early and often I won't find any cuz some other yahoo like me will pluck em up. I blew half the deer off the property though, which makes me cringe anytime I do that.

In a perfect world I could wait till mid March, but by then most the antlers have been found in my spots.

Been watching some food sources from a distance, On private land, Been all Skin heads 2 evenings in a row. I think I have 1 property mostly shed off. But another property almost all holding.

Top Bottom