Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shot Placement on Turkeys

muddy

Took awhile, but here are my opinions on where to shoot a turkey with a good expandable. If all else fails, shoot them in the head.

411turkey11.jpg

411turkey4-med.jpg

411turkey9.jpg

411turkey10-med.jpg

411turkey3.jpg

Did you paint that dot on all the gobblers out by me? That had to be what I needed. Maybe, just maybe, I'd be able to hit one now.
grin.gif

PS. I prefer yellow over red.

Sorry it took so long, sorta been on my "IW to do list" for quite awhile. I just hope it passes Limb's inspection.
shocked.gif

Mud.... been away from the site for a long time.... first time saw this post......nice buddy.... really nice!
waytogo.gif

I heard somewhere, not sure who said it, but they said with a bow "shoot high and watch them die..shoot low and watch them go"

yeah i guess if you would shoot too high you would have more of a chance of missing the head and if you shot too low you just hit their feathers so kind of find the medium and go for it.

[ QUOTE ]
If all else fails, shoot them in the head.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want it dead....lop off its head with the guillotine
grin.gif

This Skeletal Turkey Anatomy may assist all of us to understand what is under all those feathers.

tanatomy.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
I heard somewhere, not sure who said it, but they said with a bow "shoot high and watch them die..shoot low and watch them go"

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, I have heard that too. I have heard that it is hard to shoot them too high.

If they are strutting it is NOT too hard to shoot them too high
mad.gif

I found that out the hard way last season... shaved the feathers right off his back only to have him run 50 yards away and gobble for approx. 10 minutes then walk off.... couldn't convince him to come back in for a second round
maniac.gif

Bout that time. Keith Beam and BJ from Double Bull actually coined that phrase. Doug Crabtrees Father, one of the best turkey hunters in the world sat me down in Florida last year and explained that if you "Aim for a seaM' they will always die. If you look at the EXCELLENT images abone, most of the circles center on a "seam", where the lines intersect. Works like magic no matter how they face you!!!!

Here are a few more pics I've come across for shot placement sorry about the quality.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom