Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shot placement study

It's been a while since I've heard it, but that sound like a baseball bat hitting a homerun, makes me cringe and hang my head in shame.

Here's my takeaway....
1) Yes, shoulder is off limits with an arrow.
2) All the pins shown are deer that needed help finding. Notice where there are only 2 pins. Kill zone is right where it always was. Slip an arrow in where it belongs and you won't need any help finding it.

Screenshot_20230120-131230.png

I've always gravitated to aiming to the 1 inch square right above the top circled pin. Right or wrong, it's where I try to settle my pin in the moment of release. I limit my shots to 30 yards and under as well, which helps eliminate ducking deer and hitting high in my opinion. Maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years but it's always what I've tried to do. Dunno.

I don’t flirt with the shoulder anymore. Since I’ve made that change, I’ve found all my bucks . However, I’ve missed one, and had to let a couple lay overnight.

The expandable broadheads factored in to that decision… they tear em up !

I shot fixed blades for 30 some years. Then decided to try several mechanicals. One deer I never found. The other two spoiled over night due to lack of blood trail.(like zero blood) So I have went back to fixed blades.
I guess I thought it was common knowledge that with a bow you want nothing to do with the shoulder.

Top Bottom