Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shotgun bucks

the group I watched shot 8 bucks Saturday, 1 buck sunday... nothing over 130".... cant seem to find anything bigger they say

Don't worry! My two from this morning will be posted tomorrow with the doe. I saw 12 Bucks and 22 Does opening day in my stand and 3 Bucks and 7 Does this morning ;) I shot two of them. I saw 4 Bucks and 30+ Does tonight sitting on a hill. My target buck broke his left antler completely off.

Like i said in another post, had my big buck (160+) come by at 40 yards and gun didn't go off!

Like i said in another post, had my big buck (160+) come by at 40 yards and gun didn't go off!

That sucks man. I bought a good shotgun this year just for this purpose. At least I know it will go bang. I was always a muzz or nothing guy but one year I shotgun hunted in pouring rain for 2 days straight and questioned whether or not it would shoot. It wasn't so much the initial day but more the taking the primer out and putting a wet gun in a gun case. I shot it at the end of the hunt and it hang fired bad. I made sure that wouldn't happen again if I was slug hunting. You will get him I bet.

That sucks man. I bought a good shotgun this year just for this purpose. At least I know it will go bang. I was always a muzz or nothing guy but one year I shotgun hunted in pouring rain for 2 days straight and questioned whether or not it would shoot. It wasn't so much the initial day but more the taking the primer out and putting a wet gun in a gun case. I shot it at the end of the hunt and it hang fired bad. I made sure that wouldn't happen again if I was slug hunting. You will get him I bet.

Thanks! And this is my first time using a muzzleloader (just my luck it wouldn't go off), i have always used a shotgun and it always seemed like the deer were just out of range, but not this year!!! Thought it was pretty cool that he was grunting and chasing a doe during shotgun season though!first time seeing that

Thanks! And this is my first time using a muzzleloader (just my luck it wouldn't go off), i have always used a shotgun and it always seemed like the deer were just out of range, but not this year!!! Thought it was pretty cool that he was grunting and chasing a doe during shotgun season though!first time seeing that

During shotgun season, if I was standing, i had my muzz and slug gun with me.. only used muzz for long shots

My good buddy shot a desent 8 point sat night, another buddy's sister shot a nice 13 point 135+ stickers an shit everywhere, that same group had another 12 and a 8, another group shot 20 only 3 bucks all little dinks other then that idk

My target buck I passed up tonight, I shot my two bucks and doe out of the stand this morning. Never seen any of them before.

Just curious, are you in Iowa? If you had a landowner/tenant tag and a paid any sex tag, where does the tag that lets you "pass" your target buck come from? Youth?

I'm not trying to stir anything, I'd honestly like to know how you get 3 any sex tags for gun season if you're an Iowa resident.

Just curious, are you in Iowa? If you had a landowner/tenant tag and a paid any sex tag, where does the tag that lets you "pass" your target buck come from? Youth?

I'm not trying to stir anything, I'd honestly like to know how you get 3 any sex tags for gun season if you're an Iowa resident.

He's party hunting so he can shoot bucks for others with anysex tags.

Let me guess, Blackhorn 209?

Lol to be honest i don't know what your are talking about. Haha but the gun i use is an older Knight that uses 320 (i think) musket caps......i don't know anything on muzzleloaders!

Last edited:
I guess instead of shooting the bucks then, I should tell that group to shoot does and hear the people whine then ;) :thrwrck: and the way I look at it, they buy their tags and if they want to shoot them, so be it. At the end of the day, they want a deer herd (so dont shoot many does) and eat the meat...the area they hunt has never been known to produce giants in the 15 years I have been watching...

Top Bottom