Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Show The Pictures of Your Best Friend

risto2351

Figured while everyone was arguing about what's best for the other person and their deer that I would break up the monotony.

I had a Dog for about 12 years and had to put him to sleep. (Risto)
There is nothing better than hunting behind a well trained dog. After he left I only hunted pheasants one time after that.
Told myself I would never have another dog. Well 12 years after I said I would not have another one we purchased one for Christmas.

Oakley is a female Boykin Spaniel just like Risto was. Smart little bugger. Already fetching, sitting, staying, kenneling and yes chewing. :D

I know everyone says there aren't any birds but Oakley will hunt pheasants, quail, turkey and ducks and hope to prove you wrong. ;)

Oakley2_zps882e771c.jpg

Post up the pictures guys of your dogs. I might even ask for some training tips in this winter deer lull. ;)

This is my best friend Macy. She's my first dog and will be three next week. Mix of a Lab, Australian Shepherd, and Golden Retriever that I got from a buddy who's dog got knocked up one night. She is too smart for her own good but a great dog for me! I didn't expect much more than a friend out of her but for a mutt she has turned out to be a great dog to take into the woods too. Sometimes shes a little hard to love but shes too cute to stay mad at for long. She is a big sweetheart towards people she knows but very protective of me when someone that she doesn't know comes around.

and she love to bury her face in snow...

Here is the family ankle biter cloey, a miniature dachsund. Pretty much good for nothing but wanting me to use her as a coy dog for coyote hunting.

I had one good dog in my life name Duchess that was a black lab. That dog hunted anything hard and would absolutely freak out with excitement if she saw a gun. I got her about the same time I started chasing birds with a BB gun and she was right by my side everywhere up until I went to college. Saying goodbye to her was hard. She eventually got hit by a car when I was in college. That was a bad day. I will never own another dog like that I am sure.

982-cloey.jpg

Here's our family nut job Gabby. If you've ever been around boxers, you know what I mean when I say nut job. The term high strung doesn't touch here hyperness. She's a great dog and fantastic with the kids. Has never once attempted to bite or growl. And one nice thing I've found is, if people don't know boxers, they think she must be mean. She has a fairly abrupt bark so people shy away not knowing the only thing she would do to them is lick them to death.

Brandy, one heck of a coon dog but an even better pet and companion.Would of lived in the house and on your lap if she could of. Made a Grand Nite Ch in the comp hunts. Was a lab in a hounds body, don't remember the last time i took her hunting and put her on a leash. Spent most of her days sleeping on the deck and swimming in the pond. RIP ol girl. Dang near tears me up looking back at pics.

Lizzy, our newest addition. Coming along nicely as a shed dog. Great family dog.

One more pic. littermate to brandy. not near the family dog as she was but still a big lover none the less and a hell of hound. Also made Grand Nite Ch winning all over the country.

Last edited:
Here's four of my six. Proof positive I'm outta my mind! :D Three Wires & a Chessie. In a state full of shorthairs & labs I just had to be different. :rolleyes: They find an occasional shed but not really trained for that. Hell on birds though. Got a couple more young "up & comer" wirehairs but no pics of them on this computer. Will post them tomorrow.

Attachments

• 3 & quinn.jpg
    3 & quinn.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 103
Sweet pictures guys. I can't believe what I have been missing all these years.
I am kind of excited to go bird hunting again.

HorseDoctor I am pretty sure that my Boykin has Chessie in her from the beginning.
Her eyes are just like a Chessie and man is she stubborn. :confused:

Keep the pictures coming guys and thanks for posting.

Awesome post, Tony!

Here are my first two German shepherds. Jake is our black/tan female and Thor was our big white boy. Both of these two together were the main reason I quit carrying my 1911 on the US/Mexico border. They put the fear of God in countless illegal immigrants and drug smugglers. Sadly, this Friday (Feb 7) will be the one year anniversary of saying goodbye to Thor after a long, hard-fought battle with cancer. Jake is 12 now and retired (as much as a GSD retires) and enjoying the (even more) spoiled rotten life!

picture.php

Odin was picked up 1.5 weeks after we lost Thor because I couldn't handle the quiet anymore. He comes from champion Czech GSD blood lines, is a very high-drive working dog (finds sheds, too), and is every bit of my daughter's puppy. He'll be 14 months next week and is only 87 lbs. Safest she'll ever be is with him by her side!

Syd_Odin_zps00bc4009.jpg

And if you think you need a lab to be a shed dog, check these out:

http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/bwooldridge/media/20131015_1658541_zpse03ed832.mp4.html

http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/bwooldridge/media/20131008_1650211_zpsc871e366.mp4.html

Last summer, we adopted Venus, a young female GSD. She was adopted because Odin needed a playmate. Jake tolerates him, but makes it clear she's NOT his playmate. She and Jake have to be separated now because of wolf-pack dynamics (Venus tried to kill Jake), but she's a big love sponge. I just need to get her to quit shoving her nose deep into strangers' butts when I'm not paying attention in public.

Venus_Dad_Resting_zps1563c75e.jpg

Last edited:
I've had 4 great dogs growing up and I can say I've never had a bad dog.

My first dog, Buckie, was a waterfowling fool from the start. I still remember stories of when she was a young puppy and they sent her out after a wounded goose that was bigger than she was. The thing dove underwater and pulled her under with it but she just wouldn't let go. If you grabbed the keys to the gun cabinet she wouldn't leave your side. She was also a great pheasant dog and an amazing family dog.
IMAG0264_zpsc50127a6.jpg

Then came Mariah Dutchess, another black lab. Just an all around great dog. Would do anything for you and would retrieve anything you sent her after. Even pop cans out of a box. Was a great field trial dog unfortunately she passed just under a year ago and it was a hard loss to the family because she would always be there at the door when you got home and would sleep in us kids' beds with us. Favorite memory though is when we'd jump on the trampoline she'd always jump up on it and jump around.

3553_10200379645828270_535067808_n_zps330e47d1.jpg

Now we have two dogs. Wren, our chesapeake, is a strange one. She is gun shy in the yard and in the house when things are going off outside but as soon as you take her out in a field or on the water she is fine. This dog loves the water and retrieving birds. She can be a good shed dog when she wants to be but Chessies are stubborn sometimes and have a mind off their own. She is a great family dog and a pouter if you don't give her enough attention. She has the most gentle mouth I have ever seen a dog have. You can feed her treats from your lips.

DSC_0527-M_zps51bb5475.jpg

And our youngest dog, White. He is one of Mariah's puppies that we never sold and we named him White because to keep the puppies identified we had yarn collars and his was white so the name stuck with him. Probably the smartest dog we have ever owned. Whistle and hand signal trained, won't drop a bird until you grab it from him, a great heeler. Just like his mom he will retrieve anything except for coots and crows and we can't figure out why. Probably one of the goofiest looking labs you'll see but has a nose that can't be beat.

2667_1115356518650_121598_n.jpg

My lab Betsy passed away 10 years ago and I haven't been able to bring myself to get another since. But, I do have a best 4 legged buddy that belongs to my daughter. Holly is purebred Corgi and about the only thing she's good at is being cute and loving. My wife and I really enjoy her when they come to visit.:) She pretty much takes over the house when here including my side of the bed.:p

Here's our family nut job Gabby. If you've ever been around boxers, you know what I mean when I say nut job. The term high strung doesn't touch here hyperness. She's a great dog and fantastic with the kids. Has never once attempted to bite or growl. And one nice thing I've found is, if people don't know boxers, they think she must be mean. She has a fairly abrupt bark so people shy away not knowing the only thing she would do to them is lick them to death.

We have two boxers. Sisters from the same litter. They are awesome. My favorite dog we have ever owned. They have more personally than any other dog I have ever been around. I don't know what we would do if we didn't have two to play with each other. As you said they have a ton of energy! People are always scared of them cause they will bark, but then will just lick ou to death. Have never once growled at anyone or bit. Great breed of dog!

I'm on my 2nd boxer. This one is 9, I'm sure he will live till he is 25 :) but then I will be looking to buy my third. They are something else.

Here are my youngsters, River (1 1/2 yo) & Gabby (9 months) doing what they love to do (almost as much as get into trouble). ;)

Attachments

• River point.jpg
    River point.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Gabby (3).jpg
    Gabby (3).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 69
My best friend Kaycee. She's 7 years old now, and I have so many great memories with her, that I'm not sure I will ever even try to replace her. She's one of a kind for sure. Quite the Diva :D

First goose hunt
picture.php

Turned into a pretty good shed dog as well.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the family ankle biter cloey, a miniature dachsund. Pretty much good for nothing but wanting me to use her as a coy dog for coyote hunting.

I had one good dog in my life name Duchess that was a black lab. That dog hunted anything hard and would absolutely freak out with excitement if she saw a gun. I got her about the same time I started chasing birds with a BB gun and she was right by my side everywhere up until I went to college. Saying goodbye to her was hard. She eventually got hit by a car when I was in college. That was a bad day. I will never own another dog like that I am sure.

982-cloey.jpg

I believe Cloey has bitten my ankles a few times!:)

Top Bottom