Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shrink Fletch

IowaDave

PMA Member
Anyone have any experience with shrink fletching their arrows? Opinions?
I see that NAP & Blazer both make them and would like to hear opinions on both if anyone has used them.
Might be the 'lazy man's' way to fletch an arrow, but if it works, it sure seems like it would be quicker & easier than the 'old way'. Plus, you wouldn't have to worry about the glue failing and having one start to peel.
Thanks in advance!

yep. They work until it gets really cold and then the wrap portion become brittle (NAP brand anyway). I am probably going back to glue now that they have some super easy to use helical jigs for blazer vanes.

But, the wraps do work and I had good arrow flight with them.

I have the NAP wraps on some arrows that had bad fletching. They've worked fine for me but I also noticed they get a little brittle after a couple seasons. I only noticed the brittleness because a couple didn't survive after they sunk past the fletching in my target. I tried to pull the arrow through like I usually do and all the fletching came off in the target. I'll probably keep using them though.

Anyone have any experience with shrink fletching their arrows? Opinions?
I see that NAP & Blazer both make them and would like to hear opinions on both if anyone has used them.
Might be the 'lazy man's' way to fletch an arrow, but if it works, it sure seems like it would be quicker & easier than the 'old way'. Plus, you wouldn't have to worry about the glue failing and having one start to peel.
Thanks in advance!

I have my bow tuned at Carter's Archery Aka "Crackers" and he is strongly opposed to the shrink wrap fletches. He said since they are not directly glued to the shafts that they don't fly as well as traditional fletched arrows. Take it as you will. I figure he knows a helluva lot more than me.

Went with Arizona EZ cuz it had the most aggressive helical I can find. It is slick and dummy proof....Real happy. Went with a patriotic theme... (I like white vanes). Got away from wraps for brittleness in cold as mentioned above. Never had flight issues with the wraps though.

Good product.

IMG_20160711_123853764_zpsrlvrvyka.jpg

Last edited:
They do work in a pinch. I got good arrow flight with them. They definitely work better with the larger arrows compared to some of the newer ultra small diameter arrows out there, unless they have a different version for them now.

Definitely don't work as well as traditional fletching of arrows. Those arizona ez-fletch jigs work pretty well unless you really have OCD. For that reason, I keep going back to my Bitzenburger.

Top Bottom