Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sight and arrow favorites

Bowhunt

What are everyone's favorite sight and arrows that you are using this fall. What features make them your favorites?

Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-it. Once you have it set it is bullet proof.

easton axis 400's. Like the idea of samll diameter arrow that is heavier to aid in penetration...we shall see...
grin.gif

Spot-Hogg Hoog It.Either Easton Axis 400's or ACC Lightspeed.I like the smaller diameter and the speed.I like Montec G5's and Thunderhead 100's.
grin.gif

I am using the same cobra sight I have had for three years topped with Tritium Pins from Truglo. The arrows are Easton X7 eclipse with 4" barred trueflight feathers and IW Arrow Wraps. I am still more confident in an Aluminum arrow than the carbons.

Viper Predator Hunter Series sights, and carbon impact fat shaft arrows because of the large diameter but light weight. Very durable.

Trophy Ridge V-Drive Mantis w/light & Pendulium, and Easton XX78 2315's 4" feathers and I.W. Wraps.

Archers Choice fiber Optic 1 pin set at 20 yds

Easton xx75 2213 100 grn heads

I truly believe in the keep it simple logic!

Less moving parts = less things that can go wrong, and aluminum arrows are easier to replace or fix for me. Then again, I do shoot expandable broadheads, does that make me a hipocrit?

trophy ridge 5 pin matrix and goldtip XT graphite arrows tipped with muzzy's and rocket hammerheads.

would like to try the copper john sights but the price on my trophy ridge was just too perfect.
wink.gif

A Spot-Hogg,Hunter Hogg-it sight,Gold Tip XT 5575 advantage shafts, tipped with 100 gr.Boss Bullets.I wasn't too sure of hunting with graphite shafts,but so far I really like them.This will be my fourth year with them, and so far the return rate of undamaged shafts after a kill is 100%,compared to about 50% with aluminums over the years.

Trophy Ridge 5 pin sight, Easton Axis arrows with I.W. wraps, and Steelhead 100gr. expandables. First year with the arrows but the rest has worked well in the past.

Trophy Ridge 3 pin. XX78 Super Slams in the 2317 flavor
smile.gif
Spend the extra money on the uni-nocks...very slick!

What I like about the sight is the vertical pin configuration and very bright pins as well. As for arrows, I've always been a big fan of a big heavy aluminum arrow for maximum penetration.

NWBuck

For arrows I shoot Carbon Express CX300 3-D Selects, and as far as a sight I use an Impact Archery Cosmic XL, one-pin adjustable

Copper John Dead Nuts three pin sight and Beaman ICS 400 hunters with a 100 grain spitfires. I maybe be shooting a three blade muzzy when hunting from a ground blind.

I have one of those tritium pins on my old bow and still like it. I had the cobra three pin installed on my new bow and haven't had a reason to take it off yet. Those tritiums are pretty nice though.

Top Bottom