Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sleep in I guess...

Limb Chicken

So, my son loves to turkey hunt and is ready to go at the drop of a hat. Friday the 12th we stayed fairly late at a friends house and the 13th was the day we were to try to get C-Train a turkey. He shot his first last year and so he is an old pro... :D

Here is the video from last year.
http://youtu.be/pPU-u8GRw8A

Anyway back to the story. Saturday morning rolls around and 4:30 I get up and walk into his room and he jumps out of bed grabs his clothes and I go to take a shower. I get out come out back to the living room and there he sits by the fireplace, looks at me and says, "Dad, do you care if I go back to bed?":grin: I looked at him smiled, shook my head and told him to go a head but it could make it tougher to hunt them where we wanted to go. Off he goes back to his room. There I stand ready with coffee hot and nothing to do but wait for him to get up and not wake my wife and daughter up. I figured for my own good I should go build a fire in the shop and wait for daylight and listen for gobbling. Took off down the road a ways and listened and the roar of the wind and the cold had them shut down or out of ear shot. So I take off back to the shop and decided I would turn on the tv and wait. I pull up to the shop and there they all are, roosted in the corner of our property looking at me from the tree like i had ruined their party. Crap! They fly down, not acting too concerned of my presence and I look through the binos and sure enough a good looking tom is in the group. NOW WHAT?!

I go into the house and sit on the couch and pout...:way::D Wifey gets up and says "what are you still doing here?" I said ask sleeping beauty in there". Anyway he heard the comotion and came out and said he was ready. Great! He then proceeds to sit down and eat 5 bowls of cereal (swear to God he is going to break me with all he eats). Finally we load the wheeler and head down the road for a short drive.

Get set up at 8:07 am I looked at him and said this is going to take a while. It isn't going to be like last year and could be much tougher due to the fact I no longer could see the tom from the house and had no idea where he went. "I know Dad," he said. I normally wait an hour or until i hear or see something to call. He was wondering how long we had been there and I chuckled and looked at my phone and it was 8:17 am look at him, then out the window and here they all come. ON A RUN! The whole thing is on video but here is a segment of it. I swear to God the kid has a horse shoe up his rear. Shot two birds and hunted less than an hour for both... :D

http://youtu.be/t5USKMAuDxk

Yea that's awesome spoiled rotten aren't they! Wouldn't have it any other way,congrats to both and good lookin bird.

Shot him right in the face!!!! Sleep in & still get a long-beard that quick??? The only way he could have it any easier would be if you cleaned the bird for him... :rolleyes: LOL!

Congrats to both of you. :way:

Shot him right in the face!!!! Sleep in & still get a long-beard that quick??? The only way he could have it any easier would be if you cleaned the bird for him... :rolleyes: LOL!

Congrats to both of you. :way:

That did not happen... He actually likes to clean them. I held the legs... and celebrated! :drink1:

Man...he needs to come turkey hunting with me so I can get the monkey off my back! Things just don't like me I guess. Congrats on another nice bird this year! Awesome

That's awesome. One of the twins is already saying she wants to start going, I can't wait.

Congrats.

Top Bottom