Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company
Thanks for the discussion guys. I have been looking at upgrading for a while now and you guys just sold me on the 220. I was torn between the 212 and 220 and now I know it will have plenty of knockdown power on long shots. Plus it won't hurt the wallet or shoulder as much!

Excellent choice! Let us know how you like it:) just my .02, I wouldn't skimp on the glass that you put on it.. Get the best one that fits your budget..That is one thing that makes a great gun even greater:way: both Nikon or Redfield with 3-9x40 (my preference) will perform very well, Leupold even more so, but that's up to your budget with those price tags. I have yet to have any complaints with Nikon or Redfield so can't justify the extra $

Good luck and glad you came to a decision

Here is my 200 yard groups with my 220 with the 2 3/4 accutips. I am sure I could tighten this up a bit as I didn't have a great rest and I was not letting the barrel cool. I also did not have a dot to aim at just kind of general area.

The top 6 shots are using 7 power and holding dead on where my crosshair goes skinny to fat.

The bottom group is holding the scop right on the targets back. I think I get a bit more drop then others because I have the high scope mounts which hurts the long range trajectory.

I need to do some more shooting with the gun. Gets dang expensive though!!
982-220_1.png

Picked up my 220 last week! It came with a 9x5x40 bushnell scope for the same price as the stock gun so I went for it. The package scope seems kind of cheap so I'm gonna swap it out with one I already have and see how it shoots this week.

You guys weren't kidding about the ammo prices, what a scam. There is a rebate through Remington right now though and if you buy 4 boxes you can get $20 back. I think I'm gonna have the GF buy some too! I posted the link below, but most sporting goods stores have them as well.

Good luck fellas, thanks!

http://image.basspro.com/images/ima...tesFirearmsAndAmmo.pdf?cm_sp=RebateFeb2013_MT

After reading this and doing a little more research online I am thinking of going with the 870 Slug with the cantilever barrel. I was also looking at the Nikon Slug Hunter scope with the BDC. I have never bought a scope and mounted it so I am looking for inputs on mounts to use with this scope. I have heard that mounts are just as important as the scope so any input would help. Thanks

Look into other optics, I may stand alone in this but I hate the nikon bdc reticle. I like to aim at what I'm shooting at not guess an imaginary point in a circle that covers half the deer.
I owned a bdc rifle scope 6-18 power and even on 18× a coyote almost fit in the 300 yard circle. I can only imagine a deer at 200 with 9×.
Its a great scope but the reticle turned me away. Take a peek at the Bushnell DOA 250 reticle. I have one in my muzzy and I couldn't be happier. Atleast you will have an exact point to aim with, not the top or bottom of a circle

I guess the reason I was looking into the Nikon was that it was specifically for slug guns, I had never thought about the circle. I would not being taking 200 yard shots for sure, I would say my max will be 100

I guess the reason I was looking into the Nikon was that it was specifically for slug guns, I had never thought about the circle. I would not being taking 200 yard shots for sure, I would say my max will be 100

If your max range is 100 yards there is no point to having a bdc scope. Standard reticle will be more than enough. If you plan on shooting 200, 250 i could see the value in it.

If your max range is 100 yards there is no point to having a bdc scope. Standard reticle will be more than enough. If you plan on shooting 200, 250 i could see the value in it.

10-4! Slap whatever you want on there, zero it at 75-100 yards and you will be good to go.

Anyone tried the 870 Super Slug? A friend has one and I'm trying to decide if I want one or not. I've shot the 220's and have looked at the TarHunts, but that 870 looks sweet.

Top Bottom