Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Smokeless muzzleloader

deadeye

Anybody have any thoughts on the likelihood that Iowa will restrict muzzleloaders to black powder and not permit smokeless?

That alone would not have much impact. Many black powder rifles can be equipped with scopes and accurate to 250+ yards. Remove the scopes if they want to make a primitive weapons season

More likely to go the other way and allow centerfires all season.
And I disagree with the above. There is a huge difference between a blackpowder muzzy effextive to 250 and the smokeless rigs that's are crazy accurate to 700+ and leave holes the size of a softball.

I don't see any regulations getting "stricter". Trend is to add instead of take away. If you really get down in the weeds, what is "black powder"? I think the manufacturer of the "true" stuff (Elephant?) has shut down the production line. So then you are left with BP substitutes like Triple7, Blackhorn and such. Whenever there is an opening in a market, somebody will formulate/design something to take advantage of it.

Can’t imagine things will get stricter, I have watched Indiana go from shotgun and Muzzy seasons to now a full rifle season, it is sad and everyone now Hunts gun season with some series range

Top Bottom